- Trip Summary
- Enquiry Form
Alaska Road Trip
Take a yellow school bus, remodel it into an overland vehicle and bring together a small group of adventure travellers to explore the wilderness on an awesome Alaska road trip.
Add to this amazing views and encounters with an abundance of wildlife, glaciers and volcanoes. Enjoy the ride and take pictures out of our big windows, play cards or games on the tables and join in the group adventure preparing dinner with us around the campfire.
Alaska, often called “The Last Frontier” has been the crown jewel for adventure travellers in North America. There are many misconceptions of unbearable and impassable weather conditions but this couldn’t be further from the truth. During the summers in Alaska, you’ve got 18-20 hours of sunlight and average daytime temperatures between 58-77 F (14-25 C).
This Alaska road trip adventure is focused on the highlights of the region with optional activities of halibut/salmon fishing, sea kayaking, ice climbing, glacier walks, rafting, horseback riding and scenic flights. View glaciers and icebergs near or from afar and trail blaze through the wilds.
Day 1: Arrive for 6 pm Group Meeting and Dinner (H)
Days 2-4: Cruise along orcas, humpbacks and sea lions.
See calving glaciers and hike Exit Glacier (C)
Day 5: Camp on the Homer Spit with volcanic views (C)
Day 6-7: Roughing it in style and guided sea kayaking (LC)
Day 8: Explore Alaska’s first Goldrush Town and camp along Cook Inlet (BC)
Day 9: Visit of Beluga Point and possibility to explore Anchorage by bike (optional) (H)
DENALI NATIONAL PARK
Days 10-12: Explore the famous National Park by bus, spot bears and moose and trail blaze in the wilderness (C)
MACLAREN RIVER LODGE
Days 13-14: Camp near Maclaren Glacier in the wilderness under Alaska’s stars and enjoy the rustic lodge the following day (BC/C)
WRANGELL/ST. ELIAS NATIONAL PARK
Days 15-17: Camp alongside a river in the largest National Park in North America. Explore the old mining town and get your adrenalin flowing with ice climbing, glacier hikes or rafting (optional) (BC)
Days 18-19: Find bears catching salmon, enjoy the scenic waterfront and Sea Kayak through massive icebergs (optional) (C)
Day 20: Return to Anchorage by late afternoon (-)
H = Hostel stay C = Camping U = Potential Upgrade
*itinerary can change due to local circumstances*
***prices for optional activities are subject to change***
- 3rd – 22nd June 2017
- 24th June – 13th July 2017
- 15th July – 3rd August 2017
- 5th – 24th August 2017
Price: from 3,300 USD (land only)
Group Size: 4-18
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 20-day tour in overland vehicle
- Accommodations outlined for nights in Hostel/Campsites
- All meals cooked off the truck (19xBreakfast, 18xLunch, 16xDinner)
- Denali National Park wildlife buses to Toklat River and Eielsen Visitor Center (2 days)
- Maclaren Lodge/Wilderness Glacier camp
- Boat and canoe trips Maclaren River
- Hikes in Denali NP, Wrangell/St. Elias NP, Seward and Valdez
- Kenai Fjords National Park wildlife cruise and calving glacier – Resurrection Bay Tour including lunch on boat
- Two-night stay at Adventure Luxury Camp – lodging and all meals including salmon dinner
- Half Day Sea Kayaking at the Adventure Camp
- Admission to National Parks and Monuments
- Pre-departure meeting to welcome and provide you with a good understanding of the trip ahead
- Services of two trained/commercially certified leaders/drivers
- High quality four person tents (sleeping only two), camp chairs and cooking equipment
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Flight to and from Anchorage
- Airport Transfer
- ESTA-Fee/Visa Fee for USA
- Snacks and Drinks
- Optional activities
- Please bring your own sleeping bag and pad.
As a small company the owners also lead all of the trips themselves, as they absolutely love everything about overlanding.
Throughout the summers they bring together a small group of adventure travellers to explore the wilderness of Alaska, Canada, and Western America in an old school bus they remodeled and got back on the road.
The owners are a really passionate pair who aren’t interested in ticking boxes and rushing from campsite to campsite. Their amazing overland vehicle gives the group flexibility. If they find a beautiful place during the day and the weather is great they might decide for an extended lunch break and go for a short hike or just relax in the sun. If it is pouring down with rain they know where to find the visitor centre, a great cafe to hang out or the hidden local history museum.
Overlanding-style trips offer the right mixture of meeting lots of like-minded people, but having the freedom to make your own choices and being involved in the adventure: You can get the camp fire started yourself if you like to but you can also rely on your tour leaders organising a bunch of stuff which you don’t want to deal with on your holidays.
Alaska Road Trip Adventure
- Dates: Summer 2017
- Price: from 3,300 USD
- Length: 20 Days
- Group size: 4 – 18
- Accommodation: camping / hostel
- Adventure: Road trip to explore Alaska’s highlights in a converted school bus