- Dates & Rates
- Enquiry Form
This adventure tour through Sabah Borneo has something for everyone. Come enjoy a mystical land of rare wildlife and incredible natural beauty. Hot springs, exotic animals, ancient traditions, lovable orangutans, tribal villages, and the most amazing views are awaiting you.
You’ll experience the very best of Borneo on this trip. Climb Mt. Kinabalu, share laughs with your local village hosts, watch the elusive sea turtles on Turtle Beach as they lay their eggs, and relax in beautiful hot springs.
- Trek through the steamy Kinabatangan rainforest
- Watch giant turtles lay their eggs on the famous Turtle Beach
- Hear infamous mountain myths from your hosts during a village home-stay
- Play with mischievous orangutans at Sepilok
- See the sun rise over Southeast Asia from the top of the magnificent Mt. Kinabalu
- Completely let go and relax in the Poring Hot Springs
- Enjoy a home-stay cooking lesson in locale cuisine – and then enjoy the cuisine to your heart’s content
- Take a wildlife cruise through Dusun at dawn
- Visit ancient Chinese temples
- Marvel at incredible views of the ocean, the bays, from mountain tops, and among dense jungle rainforest.
The adventure begins in the capital city of Kota Kinabalu and its full power from day one. You can explore the city a bit – taking in museums and the culture of city life – before heading out to your first home-stay and then on to the heights of Mt. Kinabalu. You’ll visit the regions conservation project, MESCOT, which helps local villages by providing environmental education.
From there you’ll explore the jungle by boat and at night let yourself be lulled to sleep by the sounds of the wild hornbills and macaques. There will be other jungle excursions as you visit the Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, the Rainforest Discovery Centre (RDC), the monkey sanctuary in Labuk Bay, and other organizations working to improve life for both humans and wildlife.
Group sizes range from one to sixteen and all fitness levels are welcome. You’ll be amazed at what you learn and experience during these twelve days and you’ll return home believing that an adventure through Borneo is a must for everyone.
Let your imagination soar on this Borneo Sabah adventure and enquire today.
This Sabah adventure tour through the Borneo wilderness will truly capture your imagination. Climb Mt Kinabalu and visit Sepilok along the way.
Day 1 Kota Kinabalu
Experience the frontier charm of Kota Kinabalu, the capital city of Sabah, sandwiched between palm oil plantations and the sultry South China Sea. If arriving early, why not venture to the Sabah Museum and check out the impressive collection of tribal artifacts on display.
ACCOM: HOTEL – 1
Day 2 Dusun Village
Learn about the spiritual, economic and social ties that locals have with Mt Kinabalu on a village homestay. Spend a night in traditional accommodation, which is nestled in the shadow of this imposing mountain.
ACCOM: HOMESTAY – 1
Days 3-4 Mt Kinabalu
Fuelled by fresh mountain air and stunning views, set off on an energetic Mt Kinabalu climb. It’s a challenging ascent but there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy Kinabalu’s remarkable flora and fauna along the way.
Days 5-6 Poring Hot Springs
Wake early to catch sunrise at the summit of Mt Kinabalu – admire the jungles of Borneo in one direction and the South China Sea in the other. Enjoy a well-deserved soak in the Japanese-style Poring Hot Springs – believed to have healing properties for the skin.
ACCOM: GUESTHOUSE – 2
Day 7 Kinabatangan River
Travel into the steamy rainforest of Kinabatangan. Learn how the locals contribute to the region’s conservation at MESCOT, a project that provides villagers with environmental education. Explore the jungle by boat and spend the night in huts amid wild orangutans, hornbills and macaques.
ACCOM: JUNGLE LODGE – 1
Day 8 Sandakan
Embark on another jungle excursion, this time learning about the medicinal properties of different plants, before donning an apron for a traditional cooking class. Then, make tracks to the busy city of Sandakan, home to historic Chinese temples and an island-studded bay.
ACCOM: HOTEL – 1
Day 9 Turtle Island
Pass by fishing villages on a speedboat ride to Turtle Island. Be touched by the sight of giant green turtles coming ashore to lay their eggs.
ACCOM: CHALET – 1
Day 10 Sepilok Orangutan Reserve
The soulful eyes of Borneo’s famous creatures will melt hearts on a visit to the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. Learn about conservation on an optional tour of the Rainforest Discovery Centre (RDC) or check out the cheeky proboscis monkeys at a sanctuary in Labuk Bay.
ACCOM: GUESTHOUSE – 1
Days 11-12 Kota Kinabalu
Fly back to Kota Kinabalu and perhaps cap off this colourful Sabah adventure with a celebration dinner.
ACCOM: GUESTHOUSE – 1
Why we love this trip
- Experience next-level vistas from the top of Mt Kinabalu climb on a two-day climb that will really get the heart pumping
- Visits the Orangutan sanctuary to spend some special time in the company of these ‘men of the forest’
- Witness nature at its most beautiful with a night on Turtle island, watching mother turtles come ashore to lay their eggs
- Cruise down the Kinabatangan river and search for wildlife in this rich and unique ecosystem
- This trip is for all animal lovers – Borneo’s tropical rainforests and climate provide the ideal conditions for a wide variety of wildlife to thrive, much of it found nowhere else
Departure dates from January to April 2017. Please contact us for dates and live availability.
Price from £1,052 GBP. Dynamic pricing, please contact us for live prices for specific dates. Flights not included.
8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
Boat, Mini van, Longtail boat, Plane
Chalet (1 night), Homestay (1 night), Hostel (4 nights), Hotel (3 nights), Jungle Lodge (1 night), Resort (1 night)
- Tanak Nabalu – Orchard and Hill trek
- Tanak Nabalu – Cultural Show
- Mt Kinabalu climb
- Kinabatangan River – Night jungle walk
- Kinabatangan River – Sunset wildlife boat trip
- Kinabatangan River – Dawn Wildlife Cruise
- Turtle Island – National Park
- Sepilok – Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Sandakan – War Memorial
Sabah Borneo Adventure
- Trip code: AWA133
- Price: From approx £1,052
- Type: Small group adventure tour
- Depart: Kota Kinabalu / end Kota Kinabalu
- Length: 12 Days
- Adventure: Sabah Adventure tour through the Borneo wilderness will truly capture your imagination. Climb Mt Kinabalu and visit Sepilok along the way