15 Expeditions to Join in 2022
Original post: Another World Adventures
If taking part in a challenging expedition in 2022 is on your bucket list then read on. Teams are being put together for the 15 expeditions listed below. Places are limited but adventure most certainly is not.
- Burma Expedition Mount Saramati – Challenging and remote Burma expedition to take on Mount Saramati, South East Asia’s most prominent peak.
- Republic of Congo Packraft Expedition – This expedition takes you to the heart of the Congo jungle to experience life with a hunter gather community
- Siberia Arctic Expedition with Reindeer Herders – Siberia Arctic expedition. Journey to the end of the world alongside nomadic Nenets reindeer herders.
- Jungle Trek to the Darien Gap Panama – A pioneering jungle trek to the Darien Gap in search of lost civilisations & 5,000 year old petroglyphs.
- Trek Iraqi Kurdistan Expedition – This is a unique expedition to trek in the majestic Zagros Mountains and climb Mount Halgurd.
- Madagascar Trekking Expedition – A expedition to cross the central massif of the island of Madagascar by foot and raft.
- DRC Virunga Trekking Expedition – Discover endangered mountain gorillas, smoking volcanoes and crater camps above the world’s largest lava lake.
- Scotland Packrafting Expedition – A expedition to follow the River Tay from source to sea by foot and packraft.
- Kyrgyzstan Mountaineering Expedition – A challenging mountaineering expedition to take on Kyrgyzstan’s un-climbed summits.
- Kamchatka Volcano Expedition – Trek amongst Europe’s highest and most spectacular active volcanoes in Russia’s far east Kamchatka peninsula.
- Wilderness Traverse of Greenland – A wild self-supported adventure packed with glacier trekking and developing mountaineering skills in Greenland.
- Venezuela: Abseil ‘The Lost World’ – Venture into Venezuela’s lost world, the Canaima National Park, to trek and climb to the summit of Auyán-tepui.
- DRC: Bonobos – Tracking Our Closest Living Relatives – A unique opportunity to see bonobos in their natural habitat in DRC and to contribute to their preservation.
- Sinai: Nomadic Desert Traverse – Eschew the trappings and distractions of modern technology with this 230km camel-supported desert expedition to cross the southern Sinai from coast to coast.
- Panama: Train to be a Jungle Guide – On this Adventure Academy expedition, the Panamanian jungle is your classroom.
Remember, these mixed team expeditions only make an attempt once a year but if you have your own group then private departures may be an option. Contact us for more information on bespoke trips.
So… rally your mates and get in touch to get planning!
A unique opportunity to see bonobos in their natural habitat in DRC and to contribute to their preservation
Hi I’m Larissa, a Co-Founder of Another World Adventures. Welcome to my blog Adventure365 where I curate a weekly pick of the best adventure travel writing and storytelling from around the web and share original stories from our team and adventure community. Think unusual destinations, expeditions, slow, solo and sustainable travel and epic journeys! Enjoy!More about me