Amazing wildlife, both on land and underwater, is the drawcard of the remote Galapagos Islands.
The Galapagos Islands played a profound role in forming Charles Darwin’s Theory of Natural Selection. Explore the islands on this in-depth adventure, coming face-to-face with some of the most extraordinary wildlife on earth
On this land-based active adventure you’ll tour the Galapagos’ outstanding natural beauty and interesting history by foot, boat and bike. Trace Darwin’s theory of evolution, spot colourful, bizarre and beautiful creatures and have an experience that is completely out of this world as you discover the incredible Galapagos Islands.
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip involves a lot of travel by speed boat between the various Galapagos Islands, the rides can be quite bumpy at times. The good news is that seasickness can often be managed with medication. Consult a health professional before your trip.
- Wildlife is a big focus on this trip, with activities like bird watching and swimming.
- This trip includes a 17 km hike (approximately 6-7 hours) on rocky terrain. We recommend bringing comfortable walking shoes that offer good support.
- While you’re free to go diving if you choose, your group leader is prohibited from recommending or assisting with booking this activity. This is part of the operator’s internal safety policy.
- This trip does include snorkeling on multiple days throughout the itinerary. Confident swimming skills are required to take part in this tour.
- This trip visits Quito which is at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health.
Why you'll love this adventure
- Get your blood pumping as you scale a volcano on Isabela Island, and kayak in beautiful Isabela Bay
- This is a land based Galapagos trip - You'll stay in locally owned hotels on the islands and have more opportunities to interact with the locals as opposed to staying on a boat.
- Get up close and personal with giant tortoises on Santa Cruz Island. These nearly extinct creatures are one of the greatest drawcards to the Galapagos
26 December 2019
4 January 2020
28 December 2019
6 January 2020
4 January 2020
13 January 2020
11 January 2020
20 January 2020
18 January 2020
27 January 2020
25 January 2020
3 February 2020
15 February 2020
24 February 2020
22 February 2020
2 March 2020
29 February 2020
9 March 2020
7 March 2020
16 March 2020
12 March 2020
21 March 2020
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
Please make an enquiry and we'll send you the full itinerary for each day including meals, activities, travel and accommodation.
- Isla San Cristobal- Snorkeling in La Loberia (1.5 Hours)
- San Cristobal – Excursion to Leon Dormido or Lobos Islands
Isla San Cristobal – Interpretation Center (45 minutes)
- Isla San Cristobal – Cerro Tijeretas View Point (1 Hour)
- Floreana – Snorkeling
- Isla Isabela -Tintoreras or Shark Alley (2.5 Hours)
For the full list of included activities please make an enquiry and we’ll send full details over to you.
Please request full details
Hotel (9 nights)
Who is this trip for?
This trip has a physical rating by the operator of 3 out of 5. Get in touch to find out more about what this means and what to expect.
For the full trip notes please make an enquiry and we’ll send them right away to help you decide if this is the perfect trip for you.
Do you arrange the Galapagos Park, Transit card and Isabela Port fees?
A Galapagos Transit Card fee of US$20 is payable on departure from Quito Airport (or whichever airport in Ecuador you are flying to the Galapagos from). The Galapagos park fee (US$100) and Isabela Port fee (US$10) are payable upon arrival to the islands (cash only). These amounts are in addition to your trip payment.
When booking, please ensure that your details are correct and they match your passport.
Your passport must match the booking details provided to us; otherwise it could cause issues with your transit card and internal flights resulting in purchasing a new card and flights at your own expense.
Is there an optional single supplement if I want my own room?
Travelling solo and want your own room? Yes, then a single supplement is available on this trip.
What's the internet like in Galapagos?
You’ll have a bit of a digital detox on this trip. Some of the hotels in the Galapagos do have internet connections however it’s often very slow and may not always be functional.
We love this operator for the freedom and flexibility they give travellers to get off the tourist trails and really experience local cultures. Their style of small group travel is perfect for solo travellers, couples or small groups of friends and their grassroots style of travel seeks to have a positive impact on the communities they visit.
They use local leaders, local accommodation & transport and support local community projects, ensuring sustainability is at the centre of everything they do.
In addition, they expect their staff and travellers to demonstrate the principles of responsible travel – respecting people, cultures and local environments; in the distribution of wealth; in good will and cross-cultural sharing; and in contributing to sustainable development.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.