The Great White Continent of Antarctica offers one of the most remote and extraordinary travel experiences on the planet.
Experience the magic of a wilderness region first discovered by Adrien de Gerlache’s Belgian expedition at the end of the 19th century. Pass icebergs the size of a small country and visit Emperor Penguin colonies which are endemic to Antarctica.
This Antarctica & Chile experience is part of a Signature Sabbaticals series in collaboration with one of our favourite specialists for extended holidays and slow travel journeys. The trip outlined is a guide but you are able to customise it however you like.
Our experienced team will guide you through a number of ideas based on how you would like to experience Antarctica. On a winter sabbatical or longer trip, Antarctica represents one of the ultimate bucket-list travel experiences. Consider visiting Antarctica in combination with Patagonia in Chile or Argentina. Or add a relaxing and contrasting beach stay in Brazil or the wine region in Uruguay.
- Chile’s Casablanca Valley wine region including cycling and wine tasting.
- Expedition cruise from King George Island to Antarctica
- Sail the Antarctic Peninsula, spotting wildlife and admiring remote and dramatic landscapes on the Magellan Explorer Expedition Cruise Ship
- Torres del Paine National Park explore the mountains, lakes and steppes of Torres del Paine on foot, kayak, road or horseback.
- R&R beach days at Matanzas on the coast packed with water spots and chill time
Options to customise this trip include the type of expedition cruise – we work with a range of expedition boats from traditional ice-breakers to small luxurious cruise ships. Private charter superyachts offer the ultimate in luxury and comfort for an epic exploration of Antarctica.
Beyond the expeditions ships, there are exclusive options to sleep at private camps and retreats located on the Peninsula.
Your choice of expedition may also include a navigation through South Georgia, the South Shetland Islands and the Falkland Isles (Malvinas).
Explore remote outposts dotted throughout the Peninsula and partake in activities ranging from gentle treks to ice-climbing and cross-country skiing. For a deeper understanding of the White Continent, visit one of the scientific research centres and learn about their work.
When to go
In November, witness the mating rituals among seabirds and penguins. In December and January observe penguin colonies feeding their new-born chicks. Whale-watching is at its best during February and March.
Get involved in a Citizen Science programme onboard the expedition ship and learn how climate change is impacting the birdlife, sealife, ocean temperatures and weather patterns. Activities may include penguin surveys, measuring ocean salinity, photographing and identifying whales.
Why you'll love this adventure
- Kayaking between glaciers for an eyelevel view of penguins, seals and whales.
- Overnight camping on the ice and wake up to the call of penguins.
- A chance to craft your dream journey to the White Continent
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
To request the epic itinerary for this custom three week journey please complete the short enquiry form!
- Accommodation on a double/twin basis
- Daily breakfast
- Other meals as described
- Fast-track immigration service on arrival
- Local English speaking private guides
- Private and shared transfers with air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees for included activities
- Private and small group excursions
- Return domestic flight Punta Arenas to Antarctica
- International flights
- Domestic flights
- Tips / Gratuities
- Items of a personal nature – minibar, laundry, etc
- Any activity listed as optional
- Early check-in & late check-out at all hotels
- Meals and drinks where not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
Who is this trip for?
A trip to Antarctica doesn’t get much further from the beaten path and so visitors tend to fall into the following categories: Expedition travellers with strong sea legs and a love of winter climes – Wildlife enthusiasts – Photographers – Active travellers – Solo travellers
Antarctica & Chile Signature Sabbatical
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.