Tick off a To Do on your sailing bucket list and spent Christmas and NY sailing the Caribbean
Join a Christmas and New Year Caribbean sailing adventure in Saint Vincent and Grenadines on a luxury family-run 53ft catamaran.
This is a really rare opportunity – a chance to be part of a unique family adventure and enjoy the best of Christmas and New Year cruising between stunning Caribbean islands while getting a flavour of a Scandinavian Christmas in the sun!
You’ll be joining a wonderful family of four from Oslo, Norway, who packed up their jobs, sold their house and moved to live aboard their 2014 Royal Cape Majestic 530 catamaran in 2022. They are on a journey to sail around the world and welcome guest crew on board to join them in places along the way.
On board they are 2 adults and 2 kids and can accommodate 4 additional guest crew in two spacious double en-suite cabins. These can be booked for single or shared occupancy, just make an enquiry.
You’ll find scuba diving and snorkeling gear onboard, go for an underwater safari and see hundreds of tropical fish, coral and sea turtles. The wildlife and scenery is spectacular, both above and underwater. Plus kitesurfing gear and a SUP.
How about spending this year’s festive season among palm trees and lush beaches in the Caribbean?
We know these guys well and they will be sure to set the right mood for a true family Christmas celebration – even lighting a Christmas tree and hanging stockings in the saloon. As a family with two young but seasoned sailors on board. for them following some Christmas traditions is essential. There will be baking, making decorations and carol singing. According to the Scandinavian tradition, opening of presents and Christmas dinner is held on the evening of December 24th. They are planning to join a Christmas party in Bequia on the 24th where lots of people gather at the beach and have dinner together. No need to bring your fine dining outfit – this year is casual Christmas!
Cruising between the islands of eastern Caribbean is a real treat. Dive in for a morning swim and enjoy a cup of coffee on deck while waking up slowly. Go to shore to explore as we arrive in new places.
As they enter the new years weekendyou’ll will find a nice sheltered bay for the event – expect to enjoy tasty meals, good company and have a magical celebration together.
For full details please make an enquiry!
Why you'll love this adventure
- Sail together with a experienced, friendly and hospitable family and crew.
- A welcoming family environment, great food, company and authentic adventrue exploring
- Learn a lot about sailing and life on board
21 December 2023
7 January 2024
The crew are open to accommodating guest crew for 7 - 12 day experiences. Pick up point and time in Saint Vincent will be according to suitable flights for guests. As soon as everyone is ready, we will cast the lines. Depending on the length of your stay, we will customize the cruising route around the islands of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- All meals onboard + fruits, snacks, non alcoholic beverages, tea and coffee etc.
- Sailing guidance from the skipper.
- Use of all leisure equipment onboard.
- Fresh linens and towels.
- Transport to/from the boat
- Alcoholic drinks (on the crossing skipper will allow one unit a day, if the conditions are suitable).
- Food and beverages ashore
- Travel insurance
- Visas if needed
- Your own suitable clothing and wet gear
Available for guest crew are two large cabin with a double berth, private head and shower, plus all shared areas on board.
The vessel is a Royal Cape Majestic 530 catamaran from 2014. Custom built in Cape Town, South Africa. Extremely safe and steady, «made for crossing oceans». She has four cabins, all with ensuite bathrooms and kingsize beds. Raised galley and lounge area in the middle, and a huge and well protected cockpit aft.
Expect great tasty, healthy soul food for this trip – one of the owners is a chef and passionate foodie. The boat will be well provisioned and fresh fish if caught will surely be on the menu!
They will do their best to accomodate any allergies and special requests, but all might not be possible.
Who is this trip for?
The vessel and it’s crew are truly fantastic. Larissa, founder of Another World Adventures is great friends with them and has sailed aboard with them in Greece recently and frequently in Norway over the years.
Who we are?
- Anders: 45 years old, 15 years of sailing experience, certified captain, loves to talk about sailing and everything outdoors since he left a career in the finance world behind on shore
- Heidi: 43 years old, 15 years of sailing experience, a keen amateurchef who loves a good swim and chatting to people of all kinds. Heidi’s land life running a popular food truck in Oslo and a career in the Police.
- Tiril: 8 years old, she will be your tour guide and show you around the boat. Full of curiosity and good laughs
- Frida: 7 years old, our very own mermaid who takes every opportunity to go for a freedive (..although maybe not in the middle of the Atlantic) Full of energy and loves to play games.
What will they expect from you?
What will they expect from you?
- Fit and healthy.
- Previous sailing experience not required.
- Open minded and have a positive ‘get involved’ attitude.
- Enjoy being around kids and the family lifestyle.
- Respectful of the skipper’s decisions.
- Be tidy and careful – this is someone’s home.
Christmas Caribbean Catamaran Sail Adventure
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.