Cycling through Caribbean Cuba gives you unique access to parts of the island that are off the beaten track
See Cuba from two wheels as you cycle around this laid back Caribbean island. Travel the colourful streets of Havana, along dusty roads past farms and tobacco plantations in Vinales, beside vintage cars and horse-drawn carriages and get a taste of Cuba beyond the rum and cigar scene. Swim in Cayo Jutias’ clear blue waters, explore Che Guevara’s former HQ at the Cueva de los Portales and cool off in bubbling river pools near UNESCO-listed Las Terrazas.
Soak up the best of Cuba as you traverse this fascinating country.
Why you'll love this adventure
- Cycling through Caribbean Cuba gives you unique access to parts of the island that are off the beaten track
- Ride through an often surprising variety of scenery; from the decaying charm of Old Havana to long dusty farming roads to dramatic limestone karst landscapes Cuba has it all!
- Learn how to roll a cigar with a local tobacco farmer near the small town of Vinales
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
Here's a snap shot of how your adventure will start.
Please make an enquiry and we'll send you the full itinerary for each day including meals, activities, travel and accommodation.
- Cycling Outer Havana
- Havana – Guided walking tour of Old Havana
Las Terrazas – Eco-village Visit
- Soroa – Orchid garden tour
- Las Terrazas – Casa de Polo entry
- Vinales – Tobacco farm visit
For the full list of included activities please make an enquiry and we’ll send full details over to you.
Please request full details
Guesthouse (6 nts)
Who is this trip for?
This trip has a physical rating by the operator of 3 out of 5. Get in touch to find out more about what this means and what to expect.
Is this trip right for you?
- Cuba’s roads aren’t always paved, but when they are they can range from smooth to downright terrible. That being said, it’s a fun experience to share the road with tractors, vintage American cars and horse-drawn carriages.
- While Cuban food can sometimes seem limited due to a ban on imported goods, your guide will steer you towards the best eateries in each destination you visit.
- Cuba is different and that’s what makes it such a fascinating destination. You will find that things don’t always go according to plan or work the way they do back home. Regulations concerning foreigners and currency may appear strange to you, transport sometimes runs late and sometimes the water in your bathroom can run cold and the electricity fail. In order to get the most out of your holiday, a degree of patience, good humour and understanding is a definite advantage. Cuba may not be wealthy in a monetary sense, however if you approach your holiday with an open and enquiring mind, the warm welcome you receive from Cubans will ensure you a rich and rewarding holiday experience.
- Import restrictions make the purchase of new bicycles a difficult challenge – the bikes come from a variety of different manufacturers but are all mechanically sound.
For the full trip notes please make an enquiry and we’ll send them right away to help you decide if this is the perfect trip for you.
How fit do I need to be?
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. This is a cycling trip, so it requires a certain amount of cycling fitness. This being said, there’s always a comfortable, air-conditioned support vehicle following close by.
Can I take out cash in Cuba?
Cash can sometimes be difficult to access in Cuba. Credit cards (not debit cards) are essential – ideally multiple credit cards from several different banks.
What's the weather like in Cuba?
The Caribbean climate can be very hot and humid. It’s important to wear the appropriate clothing, drink plenty of water and apply sun protection regularly. Lycra cycling shorts are ideal for warmer temperatures.
Will there be Wifi access during my cycle trip in Cuba?
Internet access can be hard to come by, and when it’s available it’s sometimes unreliable. This is, on the other hand, a great opportunity to take a break from modern devices and have a true holiday.
We love this operator for the freedom and flexibility they give travellers to get off the tourist trails and really experience local cultures. Their style of small group travel is perfect for solo travellers, couples or small groups of friends and their grassroots style of travel seeks to have a positive impact on the communities they visit.
They use local leaders, local accommodation & transport and support local community projects, ensuring sustainability is at the centre of everything they do.
In addition, they expect their staff and travellers to demonstrate the principles of responsible travel – respecting people, cultures and local environments; in the distribution of wealth; in good will and cross-cultural sharing; and in contributing to sustainable development.
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.