A much loved small group tour in Egypt, featuring all the main Pharaonic highlights in Cairo and the Nile Valley as well as including a relaxing overnight felucca sailboat cruise on the River Nile and some time by the Red Sea at Hurghada.
The journey starts in Cairo with tours of the Pyramids and Sphinx at Gisa, and the world famous Egyptian Museum which has a huge collection of ancient artefacts including of course, the King Tutankhamun display. Next, you’ll take the overnight sleeper train south to Aswan, where the Nile is at its most picturesque. You’ll explore a local Nubian village, take a boat trip to the beautiful island temple of Philae. You also have the option to visit the amazing temples to Abu Simbel which were dismantled and rebuilt when Lake Nasser was flooded.
Next, leave Aswan on a traditional Nile felucca. These sailing boats have plied the waters of the Nile for centuries and make for a really relaxing and enjoyable way to spend time seeing more of the Nile and rural Egyptian life as you sail upriver. Sleep on the deck of the boat, with mattresses and blankets provided, and the Nubian crew will entertain you and prepare a hearty meal in the evening. A support facilities boat will join up with you from time to time during the day and moor with the Felucca at night to provide a clean toilet & shower and hygienic kitchen. If you prefer you can opt to upgrade to the Aswan hotel instead of stay on the felucca.
Leave the felucca reluctantly and head via the temples at Edfu. There are a huge number of ancient sites to see here, and you’ll tour both the east and west banks of the Nile. Sites visited include underground Pharaonic tombs in the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatchepsut and Medinat Habu temples, and the immense Collosi of Memnon. You’ll also tour the huge temple complex at Karnak and see Luxor temple beautifully lit up at night.
Leave the Nile Valley now and head to the Red Sea coast at Hurghada for some welcome rest and relaxation in a 5-star beach resort. The snorkelling and scuba diving in Hurghada is excellent and there are many other watersports available too, or you can just relax by the beach. If you wish you can extend your time here, or return on the flight back to Cairo with the rest of the group. The tour ends with a free afternoon in Cairo when you can take another optional city tour before taking a walking tour through the back streets of the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar.
You’ll not be roughing it on this cultural adventure.
Accommodation is in 5-star hotels, plus a night on the overnight sleeper train and one night on a traditional Nile felucca sailboat. Both the sleeper train and felucca nights can be upgraded to hotels if you would like some extra comfort.
Why you'll love this adventure
- Expect active days and very comfortable nights!
- Experience the Nile on board a traditional Nile felucca sail boat
- A chance to visit the Sphinx and the three great pyramids of Egypt
6 February 2021
15 January 2021
20 February 2021
1 March 2021
6 March 2021
15 March 2021
20 March 2021
29 March 2021
3 April 2021
12 April 2021
17 April 2021
26 April 2021
1 May 2021
10 May 2021
15 May 2021
24 May 2021
29 May 2021
7 June 2021
12 June 2021
21 June 2021
26 June 2021
5 July 2021
10 July 2021
19 July 2021
24 July 2021
2 August 2021
7 August 2021
16 August 2021
21 August 2021
30 August 2021
4 September 2021
13 September 2021
18 September 2021
27 September 2021
2 October 2021
11 October 2021
16 October 2021
25 October 2021
13 November 2021
22 November 2021
27 November 2021
6 December 2021
11 December 2021
20 December 2021
18 December 2021
27 December 2021
28 December 2021
6 January 2022
8 January 2022
17 January 2022
22 January 2022
31 January 2022
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
This comprehensive 10-day Egypt tour is designed to provide a great introduction to some of Egypt's best Pharaonic sites in Cairo and the Nile Valley, with a 1-night felucca river cruise and time by the Red Sea at Hurghada also included. Please request full details and we'll connect you with the operator and share lots more info!
- 7 nights accommodation in 5-star hotels
- 1 night on board felucca sailboat with support boat (hotel upgrade available)
- 1 night on board sleeper train from Cairo to Aswan (flight & hotel upgrade available)
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Services of a local Egyptologist guide for all the sightseeing tours
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (US$25 available on arrival for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to sites visited (allow approx. US$105)
- Tipping kitty (allow US$45)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tour guide tips
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $180 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
The hotels and accommodations listed below are the ones used most often on this tour. From time to time the operator may exchange these for similar properties at the same level. In general, specific hotels cannot be guaranteed on this operator’s group tours, but you may select your preferred options if you are booking a tailor-made trip.
- Cairo – Steigenberger Cairo Pyramids Hotel. It features two pools, several restaurants and bars, free WiFi, a spa and fitness centre, and both classic and family rooms. The rooms overlook the gardens and feature air-conditioning, TVs, safes, and minibars. The hotel offers an airport shuttle.
- Sleeper train – Cairo-Aswan & Luxor-Cairo. On the sleeper train you have a private twin-berthed cabin, which features two large seats; fold down beds with mattress, sheets, pillow, blanket; storage locker and wash basin. An airline style evening meal and breakfast are included.
- Aswan – Tolip Aswan Hotel. Tolip Aswan Hotel overlooks the Nile and sits close to several tourist sites. Rooms have en-suite bathrooms, TVs, minibars, WiFi, and balconies with river views. Facilities include a pool, bar, gym, and sauna.
- Aswan – Felucca. Feluccas are very basic traditional Nile sailboats and make for an extremely relaxing and enjoyable way to travel down the river.
- Luxor – Steigenberger Nile Palace. This hotel, formerly Le Meridien Luxor, is a modern hotel built in 2001. It is ideally situated right on the banks of the Nile and is within easy reach of all the major sites of Luxor.
- Hurghada – Sunrise Royal Makadi Aqua Resort. The Sunrise Royal Makadi Resort is an excellent Red Sea resort option with a great beachfront location and lots of different activities and facilities available on site. The hotel is located near Makadi Bay, around 30km from the centre of Hurghada.
- Breakfasts – 8
- Lunches – 3
- Dinners – 4
Who is this trip for?
Anyone with an interest in history, archaeology, ancient cultures, beautiful desert scenery, and in exploring really special destinations that very few other people get to experience or visit.
You don’t need to be physically fit, beyond general walking for sightseeing purposes.
Please note that the tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
Detailed health and safety protocols, enhanced hygiene measures and reduced group sizes have been implemented during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.