Spend 11 days journeying through history in Turkey. This exciting itinerary includes all the highlights of this diverse country.
Discover Istanbul’s grand and ancient landmarks, steeped in history. And visit temples and churches, ancient cities and important mausoleums. Journey down the ancient Silk Road, see the ethereal formations of Cappadocia, and explore the unique cascades of Pamukkale.
History and culture combine to ensure a trip filled with magical, unforgettable memories!
Why you'll love this adventure
- Visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Mingle with local artisans and craft workers from carpet weaving to leather work
- Gain insight into the experiences of ancient traders on the Silk Road
12 March 2021
22 March 2021
26 June 2021
5 April 2021
9 April 2021
19 April 2021
23 April 2021
3 May 2021
7 May 2021
17 May 2021
21 May 2021
31 May 2021
4 June 2021
14 June 2021
18 June 2021
28 June 2021
2 July 2021
12 July 2021
16 July 2021
26 July 2021
30 August 2021
9 August 2021
13 August 2021
23 August 2021
27 August 2021
6 August 2021
10 September 2021
20 September 2021
24 September 2021
4 October 2021
8 October 2021
18 October 2021
22 October 2021
1 November 2021
5 November 2021
15 November 2021
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
A 11-day tour from old Istanbul to the magical landscapes and underground cities of Cappadocia, the ancient Silk Route through Konya, calcium travertines at Pamukkale, amazing ruins at Ephesus, the Mediterranean coastline from Kusadasi to Canakkale, the Acropolis of Pergamun, ancient Troy and the World War One battlefield sites and memorials on the Gallipoli peninsula.
- All accommodation in 4 to 5-star & boutique style hotels
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Entrance fees for sights mentioned in itinerary
- Services of a local tour guide throughout
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Tipping kitty
- International flights
- Visa fees (e-visa or visa on arrival for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any other items not mentioned above
The hotels and accommodations listed below are the ones we most often on this tour. From time to time the operator may exchange these for similar properties at the same level. In general, specific hotels cannot be guaranteed on these group tours, but you may select your preferred options if you are booking a tailor-made trip.
- Istanbul – Sirkeci Mansion Hotel – This is a small, intimate boutique hotel in the Sirkeci district of Istanbul, close to the famous Blue Mosque. Its facilities include a restaurant, rooftop terrace, and bar, as well as a full range of wellness facilities, including Turkish baths.
- Urgub – MDC Hotel – This quaint hotel is built into one of the famous rock formations of Cappadocia. The suites are fully furnished, each with a unique design. The hotel is situated within a walking distance of the city centre.
- Konya – Hilton Garden Inn Konya – This hotel is situated in a convenient location in central Konya, within walking distance of historical and cultural sites and 20 minutes from the airport.
- Pamukkale – Adempira Hotel – The Adempira Thermal Hotel is equipped with a restaurant, bar, lounge, gardens and a lovely pool, just 4 miles from the tourist site of Pamukkale.
- Kusadasi – Ilayda Avantgarde Hotel – This 4-star hotel is found in the centre of Kusadasi, directly across from the main beach promenade. It offers views of the Aegean Sea from its roof terrace and some of the rooms. It also features a rooftop pool and bar, conference rooms.
- Canakkale – MD Barbaros Hotel – MD Barbaros Hotel is located in the Turkish city of Canakkale, in a central location close to several attractions. It has 64 fully-equipped, air-conditioned rooms, as well as a range of modern facilities.
- Breakfasts – 10
- Lunches – 0
- Dinners – 7
Who is this trip for?
Anyone with an interest in history, archaeology, ancient cultures, beautiful natural scenery, and in exploring really special destinations that not everyone gets to experience or visit.
You don’t need to be physically fit, beyond general walking for sightseeing purposes. The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
Detailed health and safety protocols, enhanced hygiene measures and reduced group sizes have been implemented during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.