If you're looking to explore some of Jordan's most popular attractions such as Petra and Jerash, then this small-group Jordan tour is ideal, as you delve deep into its rich history, unique culture, its Middle Eastern cuisine and its rugged beauty.
You’ll start in Jordan’s busy capital of Amman – as you make our way to its towering ‘Desert Castles’ before you explore Amman on foot, enjoying falafel and hummus at a local restaurant before you learn a few Arabic phrases to use throughout the Jordan tour.
From Amman, you’ll make your way to Jerash – one of the best Roman sites in the Middle East. You’ll take a hike to the imposing Aljoun Castle and search for the massive Bronze Age Dolmens, before spending the night with a Jordanian family as you learn more about their lifestyle.
The next stop on this Jordan tour is a visit to the Roman Mosaics at Madaba, which offers breath-taking views of Jericho and Israel from Mt. Nebo, before heading to the Dead Sea to stay in a 4-star hotel, floating in its highly saline waters.
After spending a few days at the Dead Sea, you’ll head to the beautiful scenery of Dana Biosphere Reserve for a short hike in the hills around Dana village before making your way to the Crusader Castle at Shobak. From here, you’ll make your way to Petra – the main attraction of this Jordan tour.
You’ll enjoy a guided tour of this rose-red city, before getting some free time to explore it independently. You can choose to walk up to the Monastery and the High Palace of Sacrifice before making your way to the Wadi Rum Desert, where you’ll camp underneath the stars with the Bedouins.
The next day sees you head out on a jeep safari through Wadi Rum’s desert terrain before spending time helping a local Bedouin shepherd with a few of his daily activities, as you gain a better insight into the lives of the locals. After lunch, you’ll say goodbye to the desert as you make your way back to Amman to visit a coffee shop, try a shisha or enjoy a game of backgammon, as you look back at your time in Jordan.
Why you'll love this adventure
- Delve deep into Jordan's rich history, culture, cuisine and rugged beauty
- Explore Jordan's largest nature reserve
- Experience an overnight Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum
30 January 2021
6 February 2021
27 February 2021
6 March 2021
27 March 2021
3 April 2021
24 April 2021
1 May 2021
22 May 2021
29 May 2021
19 June 2021
26 June 2021
17 July 2021
24 July 2021
14 August 2021
21 August 2021
11 September 2021
18 September 2021
9 October 2021
16 October 2021
6 November 2021
13 November 2021
4 December 2021
11 December 2021
21 December 2021
28 December 2021
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
After starting in Amman and visiting the nearby desert castles and Roman ruins in Jerash, you travel along the Kings Highway to Southern Jordan, making stops to visit a local family and crusaders castles along the way. Next come what many would consider the highlight of Jordan, the 'lost' city of Petra. Before returning to Amman we spend a night at a Berber camp in the desert of Wadi Rum. Please request full details!
- 5 nights in 3 & 4-star hotels
- Overnight village homestay in shared rooms
- Overnight Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum in comfortable tents
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- 4×4 jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum
- English speaking tour leader and guides
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (available free as part of Jordan Pass)
- Entrance fees (discounted package included with Jordan Pass)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available from Encounters Travel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel gala dinner supplements if applied on Christmas & New Year’s Eve
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
The hotels and accommodations listed below are the ones most often used on this tour. From time to time the operator may exchange these for similar properties at the same level. In general, specific hotels cannot be guaranteed on this operator’s group tours, but you may select your preferred options if you are booking a tailor-made trip.
- Amman – Al Waleed Hotel – The Al Waleed is rare in Amman in that it is a decent mid-range hotel located within easy walking distance of lots of shops, cafes and restaurants. This is ideal if you have any free time before or after the main tour, and also in the evenings.
- Rasoun, Rasoun Homestay – This is a friendly local homestay in Rasoun village near Ajloun Castle. Accommodation is in shared rooms holding up to 4 people. Bathrooms are separate and shared. Overall you can expect a simple but comfortable and very welcoming experience.
- Dead Sea – Dead Sea Spa Resort – The Dead Sea Spa hotel is a comfortable resort style hotel located on the banks of the Red Sea. Access to the Dead Sea itself is directly from the hotel, with spa treatments and Dead Sea mud to lather yourselves with before swimming also available.
- Petra – La Maison. La Maison is a comfortable, mid-range hotel in Petra with an excellent location less than ten minutes walk from the Visitor Centre and entrance into Petra.
- Wadi Rum – Rahayeb Camp. This Wadi Rum desert camp has a fantastic location on the desert sands against the cliffs in the Wadi Rum Protected Area. Accommodation is in permanent goat hair tents with proper beds and all bedding provided. The food is generally excellent.
- Breakfasts – 7
- Lunches – 2
- Dinners – 2
Who is this trip for?
Anyone with an interest in history, archaeology, ancient cultures, beautiful desert scenery, and in exploring really special destinations that very few other people get to experience or visit.
You don’t need to be physically fit, beyond general walking for sightseeing purposes. The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.