Georgia has some of the world’s most spectacular mountains and some very fine horses making it a perfect location for a one-week horse adventure.
The Georgians have a saying … at the beginning of time when God was giving out land to the various nations of the world the Georgians were too busy drinking to attend. Arriving late, God was angry and asked why they had dishonoured him so; there was now no land left to give them. But the Georgians replied that far from dishonouring God they were late simply because they were drinking to His health and this had taken quite some time. God was pleased by their answer and so gave them the tiny bit of land he had kept for himself.
Georgia has some of the world’s most spectacular mountains and some very fine horses making it a perfect location for a one-week horse adventure. But that is not all. By travelling into the Tusheti region, an isolated and immensely characterful part of Georgia with the Tolkeinesque towers, flower-strewn meadows and spectacular snow-capped peak, you will have a cracking adventure, all the while experiencing Georgia’s unrivalled hospitality.
- Riding through the Caucasus – wild flowers beneath your hooves
- The historic old town of Tbilisi
- The untouched valley of Tusheti
- Homestay in the mountains with a Georgian family
- More UNESCO sites than you could shake a stick at!
Why We Love This Adventure
- Incredible scenery and remote riding ... think wild flowers and untouched valleys
- Opportunity to experience a homestay in the mountains with a Georgian family
- Everything is taken care of including all meals and there are no hidden extras so you can just enjoy
For full details and the in depth itinerary from the operator please complete an enquiry form. Thanks!
Day 1: Tour starts in Tbilisi
Today is an arrival day and if you have time to some early exploring of Tbilisi.
Day 2: Tbilisi – Telavi
You visit the old capital at Mtskheta then a unique 300-year-old wine cellar and vineyard at Telavi.
Day 3: Telavi – Omalo
You cross the 3000m Abano Pass and having settled into our lodgings in Omalo, you'll then take ride to the villages of Shenako and Diklo.
Day 4: Day ride to Lake Oreti
You ride 6hrs over open pasture before climbing through forests to stunning Lake Oreti for a swim.
Day 5: Omalo – Verkhovani
For 7hrs you go through astonishing forests and meadows to your accommodation in an old watch tower.
Day 6: Verkhovani– Dartlo
Today you see the snowcapped High Caucasus stretched out before you during your 5hr ride to Dartlo.
Day 7: Dartlo – Omalo
You visit a cheese making farm before an incredibly scenic lunch and 4hr ride to your campsite.
Days 8-9: Omalo – Telavi – Tbilisi
You start your drive early as you cross back over the Abano Pass to Tbilisi for shopping and dinner.
Day 9 - The tour ends after breakfast at the hotel.
Price£1,645 GBP - Optional Single Supplement £165 / Deposit £400 / No hidden extras
- Full services of a Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
- 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
- All transport (minibuses/coaster bus & 4WD)
- 8 nights’ accommodation (2 in hotels, 6 night in simple guesthouses/homestays)
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, excursions and activities as per the itinerary
- A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through the tour operator’s office)
Trip Duration9 days
Start LocationTbilisi, Georgia
End LocationTbilisi, Georgia
8 nights accommodation (2 in hotels, 6 night in simple guesthouses/homestays)
7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners (typically in local restaurants where viable)
Minibuses/coaster bus & 4WD
Dates & Availability
- 10 Aug 2019 – 19 Aug 2019
This operator is a multi-award winning adventure travel company specialising in small group tours and tailor made holidays to some of the most extraordinary destinations across the Indian sub-continent, Central Asia, the Middle East, Africa, South East Asia, Latin America and Europe.
We love their unique, original itineraries – whether they are for small group travel or individually created for tailor made clients – allowing you to take journeys that venture beneath the surface of the region. This operator concentrates on the locations they know and love. They don’t source itineraries from other agents, nor do they run the same tour over and over (thus creating a ‘tourist circuit’, spoiling an untouched region). Instead, they rarely run any group tour more than a couple of times a year on routes they have discovered for themselves, to give a truly authentic, off-the-beaten-track experience.
Make a Booking
Get full details to book this trip.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this trip.
Add this trip to your bucket list.