Escape the European winter and sail south for some sunshine during this hands on voyage where you'll mix a great adventure with a sprinkle of luxury
Sail south for the winter in search of warmer climate and relaxation. Join this small group sailing adventure as you make the 1000 nautical miles between Las Palmas in the Canary Islands to Palmeira, Cape Verde. You absolutely can’t go wrong with starry nights and marvellous sunsets during these fourteen days on the water. You’ll be able to help hoist the sails, take the helm, as well as sit on deck, relax, and soak in the sea air on this southern adventure.
Cape Verde is a wonderful island chain about 500km from Senegal. You’ll discover mountains, quaint seaside villages, beaches, and lovely natural settings. Discover the craggy peaks and green sugar cane valleys of Santo Antao, the cultural capital of Sao Vicente, and the music scene in Mindelo. One in Sal and Maio, you’ll fall in love with the windswept dues and white sand beaches.
Your ship is a race winner with a long and interesting history. She has ten sails, a steel hull, and is a beauty just to look at. In addition to your fellow group members, you’ll be joined by a permanent crew who are more than happy to teach you the ins and outs of sailing. If you opt to join a watch, expect to handle the ships safe navigation, adjust the sails, and keep a lookout for upcoming hazards.
Why We Love This Adventure
- Help hoist the sails, take the wheel and learn about traditional navigation methods
- Explore the beauty of these wild and beautiful islands under sail to the west of the African coast
- Experience the wonderful people of the Cape Verde Islands
Las Palmas, Canary Islands
On a sailing voyage we never use the word itinerary, as skippers will always be aiming for the best sailing and shore landings for the forecast and most idyllic or sheltered anchors and ports. They are as keen as you to include some of the highlights described, but you have to go with Mother Nature, not fight her.
No day will be the same, with a combination of sailing and shore based activities. Flexibility is key to enable us to ensure the voyage suits all the guests on board.
- All meals on board – including daily breakfast, lunch and evening meal
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Use of safety equipment
- Accommodation in a twin ensuite cabin
- All instruction and lectures on board by fully qualified crew
- The services of our hospitality and guest services manager
What's Not included
- Travel to and from the boat
- Personal travel insurance
- Alcoholic and soft drinks (a TAB system is in place during your voyage. Payable at the end of your voyage in cash (GBP or EUROS) on board.
- Any shore excursions and meals on shore (unless otherwise stated)
- VISA fees
Trip Duration15 days
Start LocationLas Palmas, Portugal
End LocationPalmeira, Cape Verde
Average Group Size12
Accommodation is provided on board our tall ship in twin ensuite cabins. Comfortable warm bedding is provided and each cabin has a power socket, heating and air conditioning. There is a comfortable saloon area on deck level with coffee and tea making facilities. The large deck provides plenty of places to relax and enjoy life on the ocean.
Meals are included in the cost of the voyage. You will be provided with a hearty breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch and dinner. Coffee and tea are readily available as well as a selection of drinks from the bar.
Dates & Availability
- 21 Nov 2018 – 05 Dec 2018
Aiming to offer accessible, exciting tall ship experiences for everyone regardless of age, budget or experience, this sailing company owns and operates two tall ships with voyages around the globe; from Arctic adventures to Caribbean cruises.
Make a Booking
Get full details to book this trip.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this trip.
Add this trip to your bucket list.