This Maldives adventure tour gives you the chance to see the real Maldives
Discover the culture, beautiful scenery, friendly local people and atmosphere of this tropical paradise while staying in comfortable locally owned guesthouses.
The itinerary starts with a tour of the modern capital of Male, before visiting Guraidhoo, Maafushi and Gulhi local islands. Activities include beach barbeques, island tours, snorkelling trips, meals taken with local families, the chance to taste traditional Maldivian snacks and much, much more. Scuba-diving options are available and we also offer the option to extend your tour in the Maldives with an add on extension to one of the many amazing island resorts for some seriously lux relaxation…!
Why you'll love this adventure
7 February 2021
14 February 2021
7 March 2021
14 March 2021
4 April 2021
11 April 2021
16 May 2021
23 May 2021
13 June 2021
21 June 2021
11 July 2021
18 July 2021
8 August 2021
15 August 2021
5 September 2021
12 September 2021
3 October 2021
10 October 2021
31 October 2021
7 November 2021
28 November 2021
5 December 2021
28 December 2021
4 January 2022
23 January 2022
30 January 2022
20 February 2022
27 February 2022
20 March 2022
27 March 2022
17 April 2022
24 April 2022
14 August 2022
21 August 2022
11 September 2022
18 September 2022
9 October 2022
16 October 2022
6 November 2022
13 November 2022
4 December 2022
11 December 2022
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
Try an adventure tour of the Maldives! Don’t limit yourself to one resort, but visit local islands and experience the culture, landscapes and essence of this tropical paradise, with the freedom to move, explore and meet the locals!
- 7 nights accommodation: 1 night Hulhumale, 3 nights Guraidhoo, 2 nights Maafushi, 1 night Gulhi
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival transfer service
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunches and 4 dinners
- Free 30-day tourist visa on arrival to all nationalities
- Local guide throughout
- Large selection of included activities and experiences
- International flights
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks, tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
The hotels and accommodations listed below are the ones used most often on this tour. From time to time the operator may exchange these for similar properties at the same level. In general, specific hotels cannot be guaranteed on group tours, but you may select your preferred options if you are booking a tailor-made trip.
- Hulhumale – New Town Inn – The Newtown Inn, boasts an authentic Indian restaurant, Bombay Darbar, as well as a roof terrace where you can dine under the stars. With 10 well appointed en-suite deluxe rooms guests can experience a level of luxury at an affordable price.
- Guraidhoo – Guraidhoo Palm Maldives Hotel – Located just a 40 minute speed boat ride from the capital Male, on the island of Guraidhoo, the family run Guraidhoo Palm Inn offers guests a comfortable stay and the opportunity to experience the ‘real Maldives’.
- Maafushi – Lily Rest – Lily Rest Maldives is a guesthouse offering modern and cosy guestrooms with free WiFi. Featuring its own restaurant, the property has a 24-hour front desk, tour desk and currency exchange.
- Gulhi – Tropic Tree – Tropic Tree Hotel is found on Gulhi Island in the Maldives, a boat ride away from Male International Airport. It has four room types, all air-conditioned, with WiFi access. Activities include snorkelling, diving, cruises, water sports, and surfing.
- Breakfasts – 7
- Lunches – 1
- Dinners – 4
Who is this trip for?
Anyone with an interest in nature, beautiful beach scenery, water activities and in exploring the local culture of the Maldives.
You don’t need to be physically fit, beyond general walking for sightseeing purposes. The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
Detailed health and safety protocols, enhanced hygiene measures and reduced group sizes have been implemented during the Covid-19 pandemic.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.