Experience old towns, bustling medinas, great food and ancient architecture of Morocco's northern imperial cities with some of the country's spectacular mountain and desert scenery.
This 9 day small-group or private tour introduces all of the best that Morocco has to offer. Starting in Casablanca, visit the cultural and historic centres of Rabat, Meknes and Fez before heading across the Atlas mountains to the desert dunes of Erg Chebbi to enjoy a camel ride and Berber desert camp under the stars. Then follow the Road of a Thousand Kasbahs to Ouarzazate, passing Todra Gorge, the Dades Canyon and Skoura Oasis on the way. Finally cross the Atlas Mountains and finish the tour in the fascinating city of Marrakech. Accommodation is in boutique style & 4-star level hotels.
Why you'll love this adventure
- A great mix of boutique accommodations and 4* hotels to rest your head after active days
- If you've never ridden a camel now's your chance!
- Experience a route across the Atlas mountains to the desert dunes of Erg Chebbi
23 January 2021
31 January 2021
20 February 2021
28 February 2021
27 March 2021
4 April 2021
24 April 2021
2 May 2021
22 May 2021
30 May 2021
19 June 2021
27 June 2021
17 July 2021
25 July 2021
14 August 2021
22 August 2021
11 September 2021
19 September 2021
9 October 2021
17 October 2021
6 November 2021
14 November 2021
4 December 2021
12 December 2021
28 December 2021
5 January 2022
22 January 2022
30 January 2022
19 February 2022
27 February 2022
19 March 2022
27 March 2022
16 April 2022
24 April 2022
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
The journey begins in Casablanca, before heading to the imperial cities of Rabat, Volubilis and Meknes. Next is the ancient city of Fez, famous for it's maze like medina and historic tanneries. The trip then crosses the Atlas Mountains to the Moroccan desert where you'll spend a night in the spectacular Erg Chebbi Sand Dunes. Continue through beautiful landscapes on the Road of a Thousand Kasbahs passing through the Dades Canyon, Tinghir, Skoura Oasis and the Kasbah town of Ouarzazate. Finally cross the Atlas Mountains again before finishing in Marrakech.
- Accommodation in mainly 4-star level and boutique style hotels, and a comfortable Berber desert camp
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of an experienced English speaking local tour leader/driver
- Specialist local guides for sightseeing tours
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Entrances fees to monuments as stated
- International flights
- Visa fees (not required for many nationalities)
- Travel insurance
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Any other items not mentioned above
The hotels and accommodations listed below are the ones most often on this tour. From time to time similar properties at the same level may be used. In general, specific hotels cannot be guaranteed on group tours, but you may select your preferred options if you are booking a tailor-made trip.
- Casablanca – Hotel Kenzi Basma – This is a 4-star hotel in downtown Casablanca, located between an artsy district and the economic hub. Rooms are modern and fully-equipped, and facilities include a business centre and gourmet restaurant.
- Fes – L’Escale Hotel – This modern hotel is found in Fez, offering easy access to tourist attractions and the airport. The 64 rooms are fully-equipped, and there is a rooftop restaurant, business centre, and WiFi access.
- Merzouga – Madu Camp – Madu Camp overlooks the Merzouga dunes. It features 8 luxury desert tents, each with en-suite bathrooms. There is a separate restaurant tent, as well as campfire entertainment.
- Dades – Perle de Dades – La Perle de Dades is found in the Dades Valley. It is designed in an Afro-Moroccan style, with 12 rooms that have en-suite bathrooms and air-conditioning. It features a pool, restaurant, and hammam.
- Skoura – L’ma Lodge – L’ma Lodge is surrounded by palm groves in Skoura. Its rooms and buildings are bright, with traditional decor. Facilities include a pool, gardens, relaxation lounges, and a restaurant.
- Marrakech – Le Kech – La Kech is a 4-star boutique hotel in Marrakech. Overlooking the Atlas Mountains, it has 72 fully-furnished rooms. It features a gym, pool, spa, and two restaurants.
- Breakfasts – 8
- Lunches – 0
- Dinners – 3
Who is this trip for?
Anyone with an interest in history, archaeology, ancient cultures, beautiful desert scenery, and in exploring the best that Morocco has to offer.
You don’t need to be physically fit, beyond general walking for sightseeing purposes. The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
Detailed health and safety protocols, enhanced hygiene measures and reduced group sizes have been implemented during the Covid-19 pandemic.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.