An easily accessible Nepal trek; quiet trails, massive mountains and a holy lake
Just north of Kathmandu is the striking Langtang Valley. There are fewer trekkers here than at the Everest or Annapurna circuits, which is everyone else’s loss.
This easily accessible Langtang and Gosainkind Lake trekking adventure is a great low key way to see a gorgeous part of Nepal. You’ll see the glaciers that lie below Langtang Lirung, the summit of Kyanjin Ri, and the most incredible panoramas you’ve ever seen.
Lake Gosainkind is an important pilgrimage site for the Nepalis. Parts of the village and lake area were devastated in the 2015 earthquake but the lodges used by trekkers have been repaired and the spirit of resiliency is alive and well. Because of this, the original circuit has shifted slightly. It now has better access to the lodges and forms more of a circuit than it once did.
You’ll stay in lodges, or tea houses, along the route and each day you can expect a gradual ascent over ten days of walking. The max altitude is 4984 metres. For those who have climbed or trekked before, you’ll find this a superb trek through the middle hills above Kathmandu to the top of the unbelievable Langtang Valley.
Enquire today to learn more.
Why We Love This Adventure
- The magnificent holy Gosainkund Lake nestled amidst the mountains
- Varied scenery; mountain panoramas, rhododendron forests, glaciers and gompas
- Far fewer trekkers than in other Nepal trekking regions
Please make an enquiry and we'll send you the full itinerary for each day including meals, activities, travel and accommodation.
- All breakfasts
- Morning bed-tea on trek
- Welcome drink at each overnight lodge
- 3 nights standard hotels and 11 nights teahouses
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout, plus local staff (staff to client ratio of 1:4 on trek)
- Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Full porterage throughout trek
- Operator kitbag
- Trekking map (provided locally)
- Trekking permit and national park fees
Trip Duration15 days
Average Group Sizemin 4, max 16
This adventure can also be booked with UK return flights by the operator – to get prices, dates and availability for the flight option please complete an enquiry form today and mention your flight interest in the message section. Thanks!
Dates & Availability
- 25 Nov 2018 – 09 Dec 2018
- 24 Mar 2019 – 07 Apr 2019
- 14 Apr 2019 – 28 Apr 2019
- 06 Oct 2019 – 20 Oct 2019
- 20 Oct 2019 – 03 Nov 2019
- 03 Nov 2019 – 17 Nov 2019
- 10 Nov 2019 – 24 Nov 2019
- 08 Mar 2020 – 22 Mar 2020
- 12 Apr 2020 – 26 Apr 2020
- 27 Sep 2020 – 11 Oct 2020
- 18 Oct 2020 – 01 Nov 2020
- 08 Nov 2020 – 22 Nov 2020
If you’re looking for a company with experience you can’t beat these guys. This operator started life in February 1974 when two friends got together to provide an overland truck to travel to the Minaret of Jam, deep in the heart of the Hindu Kush, the most inaccessible of the world’s great monuments.
For the company, and people who work for them “it’s all about adventure” which is what they were founded on and what they are still about today. Their trips take place all around the world where they help travelers to delve into local traditions, cultures, cuisine, lifestyles – anything that contributes to a country’ unique identity.
We love that their groups and guides travel courteously and respectfully, in smaller groups to minimise the impact, to ensure that every holiday is a beneficial experience for everyone involved.
Make a Booking
Get full details to book this trip.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this trip.
Add this trip to your bucket list.