Immerse your senses in the wonders of Egypt over 9 days on a thoughtfully crafted cultural tour along the Nile valley.
Journey along the Nile Valley, visiting the Pyramids & Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, Karnak Temple, Valley of the Kings, Philae Temple and also includes an overnight Felucca cruise.
Discover Egypt’s fascinating past as you take in the key historical sites of the world renowned Egyptian Museum in Cairo and the Sphinx and Great Pyramid at Giza, you will then travel to Aswan to visit a local Nubian village and to explore the romantic temples of Philae, leaving time for you to wander around and barter your way through the fascinating souks and markets.
Optional trips to Abu Simbel are available before an overnight cruise on a traditional felucca sailboat takes you down the Nile River, through the Nile Valley to Luxor where you will experience the incredible temples and world famous tombs of the Valley of the Kings.
Finishing back in Cairo, your last day has some free time or optional tours before you walk through the back streets of the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar.
Why you'll love this adventure
- Visit the Sphinx and the three great pyramids of Egypt
- Sail on a traditional Nile Felucca
- A chance to find your way through the bustling back streets and bazaars in central Cairo
6 February 2021
14 February 2021
20 February 2021
28 February 2021
6 March 2021
14 March 2021
20 March 2021
28 March 2021
3 April 2021
11 April 2021
17 April 2021
25 April 2021
1 May 2021
9 May 2021
15 May 2021
23 May 2021
29 May 2021
6 June 2021
12 June 2021
20 June 2021
26 June 2021
4 July 2021
10 July 2021
18 July 2021
14 July 2021
1 August 2021
7 August 2021
15 August 2021
21 August 2021
29 August 2021
4 September 2021
12 September 2021
18 September 2021
26 September 2021
2 October 2021
10 October 2021
16 October 2021
24 October 2021
30 October 2021
7 November 2021
13 November 2021
21 November 2021
27 November 2021
5 December 2021
11 December 2021
19 December 2021
18 December 2021
26 December 2021
28 December 2021
5 January 2022
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
You'll begin your journey in the Egyptian Capital Cairo, before embarking on an adventure along the Nile Valley. You'll travel south by Sleeper train to the riverside city of Aswan. Whilst here you'll visit Philae Temple and have the option to visit the ancient temple of Abu Simbel. Next you'll begin heading north by Felucca sailboat which you'll spend the night on. After arriving in Luxor, ancient Thebes, you'll visit the ancient temples and Valley of Kings before returning to Cairo by sleeper train.
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Overnight sleeper train in private twin-berth cabins (flight upgrades available)
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Services of a local Egyptologist guide for all sightseeing tours
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (available on arrival for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees (allow approx. US$105)
- Tipping kitty (allow US$45)
- Drinks, snacks, guide tips and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $180 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
The hotels and accommodations listed below are the ones used most often on this tour. From time to time the operator may exchange these for similar properties at the same level. In general, specific hotels cannot be guaranteed on this operator’s group tours, but you may select your preferred options if you are booking a tailor-made trip.
- Cairo – Steigenberger Cairo Pyramids Hotel. It features two pools, several restaurants and bars, free WiFi, a spa and fitness centre, and both classic and family rooms. The rooms overlook the gardens and feature air-conditioning, TVs, safes, and minibars. The hotel offers an airport shuttle.
- Sleeper train – Cairo-Aswan & Luxor-Cairo. On the sleeper train you have a private twin-berthed cabin, which features two large seats; fold down beds with mattress, sheets, pillow, blanket; storage locker and wash basin. An airline style evening meal and breakfast are included.
- Aswan – Tolip Aswan Hotel. Tolip Aswan Hotel overlooks the Nile and sits close to several tourist sites. Rooms have en-suite bathrooms, TVs, minibars, WiFi, and balconies with river views. Facilities include a pool, bar, gym, and sauna.
- Aswan – Felucca. Feluccas are very basic traditional Nile sailboats and make for an extremely relaxing and enjoyable way to travel down the river.
- Luxor – Steigenberger Nile Palace. This hotel, formerly Le Meridien Luxor, is a modern hotel built in 2001. It is ideally situated right on the banks of the Nile and is within easy reach of all the major sites of Luxor.
- Breakfasts – 8
- Lunches – 2
- Dinners – 3
Who is this trip for?
Anyone with an interest in history, archaeology, ancient cultures, beautiful desert scenery, and in exploring really special destinations that very few other people get to experience or visit.
You don’t need to be physically fit, beyond general walking for sightseeing purposes. The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users.
Detailed health and safety protocols, enhanced hygiene measures and reduced group sizes have been implemented during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.