Cycle through the spectacular desert scenery of Jordan and visit the most impressive historical can UNESCO sites.
Combine a cycling tour with the Kingdom of Jordan and you end up with one unique holiday adventure. Travel to Jordan and bike through olive groves, hill top villages, and desert roads over the course of nine days.
The communities here are nomadic and the landscape is vast. Top it all off with a float in the Dead Sea and a visit to the ancient site of Petra for one magnificent journey.
First up is a visit to Jerash with its wonderful olive groves. You’ll also ride to Mt Nebo which ends in a thrilling descent to the Dead Sea. The adventure also includes a two day stop at Petra and a ride to Aqaba on the Red Sea to visit the beach.
There are five days of cycling and you’ll average around 45 kilometres per day. The trip is 100% vehicle supported so you can focus on your ride and enjoying this beautiful country. Cycling is primarily on tarmac roads in good repair. There are several great descents and ascents, one of which is quite long. You don’t need to be a pro cycler to enjoy Wadi Rum, but a moderate level of fitness will greatly help you.
Why We Love This Adventure
- Cycle through spectacular desert scenery
- Visit the UNESCO site of Petra
- Camp under the stars in Wadi Rum
Please make an enquiry and we'll send you the full itinerary for each day including meals, activities, travel and accommodation.
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner
- All accommodation
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Local bike hire
Trip Duration9 days
Average Group Sizemin 5, max 18
All breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner in Wadi Rum are included.Whilst staying in hotels we usually eat in local restaurants and on some occasions the leader will take those who wish, to a restaurant for a ‘mezze’ style meal. A mezze meal is made up of lots of small dishes which are eaten as a starter before a larger main course. It is a great way to taste lots of different foods from the area in one sitting. These allow fast service and a good quality of food for the group and usually cost 10-15 JOD pp. Allow about £190-230 (approx. US$300-370) to cover these meals. If you are vegetarian, please note that main meals are limited in choice; however mezze is almost always available in restaurants and is a good, filling option. There is also a good choice of seafood available when at the Red Sea. Meals are nearly always served with bread or in wraps so we recommend bringing some of your own snacks if your diet is more limited.
This adventure can also be booked with UK return flights by the operator – to get prices, dates and availability for the flight option please complete an enquiry form today and mention your flight interest in the message section. Thanks!
Dates & Availability
- 17 Nov 2018 – 25 Nov 2018
- 22 Dec 2018 – 30 Dec 2018
- 09 Mar 2019 – 17 Mar 2019
- 23 Mar 2019 – 31 Mar 2019
- 13 Apr 2019 – 21 Apr 2019
- 20 Apr 2019 – 28 Apr 2019
- 25 May 2019 – 02 Jun 2019
- 15 Jun 2019 – 23 Jun 2019
- 31 Aug 2019 – 08 Sep 2019
- 21 Sep 2019 – 29 Sep 2019
- 12 Oct 2019 – 20 Oct 2019
- 19 Oct 2019 – 27 Oct 2019
- 26 Oct 2019 – 03 Nov 2019
- 02 Nov 2019 – 10 Nov 2019
- 16 Nov 2019 – 24 Nov 2019
- 14 Dec 2019 – 22 Dec 2019
- 21 Dec 2019 – 29 Dec 2019
- 07 Mar 2020 – 15 Mar 2020
- 21 Mar 2020 – 29 Mar 2020
- 11 Apr 2020 – 19 Apr 2020
- 18 Apr 2020 – 26 Apr 2020
- 16 May 2020 – 24 May 2020
- 23 May 2020 – 31 May 2020
- 13 Jun 2020 – 21 Jun 2020
- 05 Sep 2020 – 13 Sep 2020
- 19 Sep 2020 – 27 Sep 2020
- 10 Oct 2020 – 18 Oct 2020
- 17 Oct 2020 – 25 Oct 2020
- 24 Oct 2020 – 01 Nov 2020
- 07 Nov 2020 – 15 Nov 2020
If you’re looking for a company with experience you can’t beat these guys. This operator started life in February 1974 when two friends got together to provide an overland truck to travel to the Minaret of Jam, deep in the heart of the Hindu Kush, the most inaccessible of the world’s great monuments.
For the company, and people who work for them “it’s all about adventure” which is what they were founded on and what they are still about today. Their trips take place all around the world where they help travelers to delve into local traditions, cultures, cuisine, lifestyles – anything that contributes to a country’ unique identity.
We love that their groups and guides travel courteously and respectfully, in smaller groups to minimise the impact, to ensure that every holiday is a beneficial experience for everyone involved.
Make a Booking
Get full details to book this trip.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this trip.
Add this trip to your bucket list.