Tick off a To Do on your sailing bucket list and set sail to explore the islands of the Bahamas
This is a really rare opportunity for max 4 people – a chance to be part of a unique family adventure as guest crew on their luxury 53ft catamaran. The family have now been full time liveaboards for 1.5 years.
Option to join for 7 or 14 days.
The archipelago of the Exuma Islands is located southeast of Miami and the coast of Florida (United States), and although technically it is located in the Atlantic Ocean, they are considered part of the islands of the Caribbean. Bahamas means shallow waters. Its tropical beauty and the quality of its waters make it the perfect destination for sailing and sea lovers. The Exumas are especially known for;
- Well sheltered anchorages on desert islands of unbeatable beauty.
- Shallow crystal-clear waters that look like a pool as far as the eye can see.
- It’s incredible nature. Discover the swimming pigs, their exotic iguanas or snorkel among friendly turtles and thousand-colored fish in one of the largest underwater reserves in the world.
- Enjoy the sun and summer temperatures all year round.
- Pleasant trade winds and ideal sailing conditions all year round.
- Discover the famous Thunderball Grotto.
- Dive among sunken ships and planes, and if you dare, do it with the friendly nurse sharks.
Pick-up may be arranged from Nassau (Lynden Pindling Nassau International Airport) and departure from either Nassau, or we head down towards George Town, Exumas (Exuma International Airport) and you may fly back from there.
Cruising between the islands of northern Caribbean is a real treat. Dive in for a morning swim and enjoy a cup of coffee on deck while waking up slowly. Go to shore to explore as we arrive in new places. We have both scuba diving and snorkeling gear onboard. Go for an underwater safari and see hundreds of tropical fish, coral and sea turtles. The wildlife and scenery is spectacular, both above and under water.
The family of four from Oslo, Norway, quit their jobs, sold their house and moved to live aboard their 2014 Royal Cape Majestic 530 catamaran. The vessel is fantastic and Larissa, founder of Another World Adventures has sailed aboard with them several times.
They are on a journey to sail around the world and welcome guest crew on board to join them in places along the way.
On board will be the family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids). Additional 4 crew spots are available through Another World Adventures.
If you have a Caribbean sailing dream, would love to get an immersive experience of cruising as a family and this kind of lifestyle and would like to join them on this journey, then please complete and enquiry form!
Why you'll love this adventure
- Sail together with a experienced, friendly and hospitable family and crew.
- A welcoming family environment, great food, company and authentic adventrue exploring
- Learn a lot about sailing and life on board
6 April 2024
20 April 2024
The crew are open to accommodating guest crew for 7 or 14 day experiences. Pick up point and time in Nassau or Georgetown will be according to suitable flights for guests. As soon as everyone is ready, we will cast the lines. Depending on the length of your stay, we will customize the cruising route to make the best route and plan for everyone.
- All meals onboard + fruits, snacks, non alcoholic beverages, tea and coffee etc.
- Sailing guidance from the skipper.
- Use of all leisure equipment onboard.
- Fresh linens and towels.
- Transport to/from the boat
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and beverages ashore
- Travel insurance
- Visas if needed
- Your own suitable clothing and wet gear
Available for guest crew is two large private cabins with a double berth, private head and shower, plus all shared areas on board.
The vessel is a Royal Cape Majestic 530 catamaran from 2014. Custom built in Cape Town, South Africa. Extremely safe and steady. She has four cabins, all with ensuite bathrooms and king-size beds. Raised galley and lounge area in the middle, and a huge and well protected cockpit aft.
Expect great tasty, healthy soul food for this trip – one of the owners is a chef and passionate foodie. The boat will be well provisioned and fresh fish if caught will surely be on the menu!
They will do their best to accomodate any allergies and special requests, but all might not be possible.
Who is this trip for?
The vessel and it’s crew are truly fantastic. Larissa, founder of Another World Adventures is great friends with them and has sailed aboard with them in Greece recently and frequently in Norway over the years.
Who we are?
- Anders: 45 years old, 15 years of sailing experience, certified captain, loves to talk about sailing and everything outdoors since he left a career in the finance world behind on shore
- Heidi: 43 years old, 15 years of sailing experience, a keen amateurchef who loves a good swim and chatting to people of all kinds. Heidi’s land life running a popular food truck in Oslo and a career in the Police.
- Tiril: 8 years old, she will be your tour guide and show you around the boat. Full of curiosity and good laughs
- Frida: 7 years old, our very own mermaid who takes every opportunity to go for a freedive (..although maybe not in the middle of the Atlantic) Full of energy and loves to play games.
What will they expect from you?
What will they expect from you?
- Fit and healthy.
- Previous sailing experience not required.
- Open minded and have a positive ‘get involved’ attitude.
- Enjoy being around kids and the family lifestyle.
- Respectful of the skipper’s decisions.
- Be tidy and careful – this is someone’s home.
Sail Exumas Family Catamaran Adventure
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.