Join this two-week voyage across the North of Iceland and sail to the Arctic Circle as you journey from Isafjordur to Akureyri. Experience the sights and sounds of northern Iceland from the deck of a beautiful, traditional tall ship.
Sailing this remote region on a small tall ship such as this enables you to appreciate the peace and quiet of this wonderful wilderness. Sail in and out of different fjords and stop off to explore on foot and see some of the country’s unique flora and fauna up close.
Starting in Isafjordur in the North West of Iceland you’ll sail to the huge wilderness that is Hornstrandir Nature Reserve (inaccessible by road) and then onwards to Akureyri in the north.
Sail to the Arctic Circle
Sailing from Isafjordur to Akureyri there are many places of interest to visit including Hornstrandir, Hesteyri, Hornvik with its sea bird cliffs, the Puffin Island of Drangey and the island of Grimsey 30 km off the Icelandic North Coast, where you’ll not only hit the Arctic Circle but also have the chance to spot the whales that frequent the area .
- Spot Arctic foxes which are no longer hunted and roam freely
- See the sea cliffs which are home to many birds including Razorbills, Guillemots, Puffins and Kittiwakes
- Take a dip in a natural hot pool at Nordurfjordur
- Sail into the Arctic Circle
- Spot Humpback whales feeding on the rich plankton waters
Expedition, Sailing, Tall Ship
Style of Travel
Guided Group, Solo Traveller