Get ready for a real ocean adventure on this tall ships race delivery as you sail across the world famous Bay of Biscay and through the English channel.
Tall Ships Race Delivery from the UK to Portugal
Get ready for a real ocean adventure on this tall ships race delivery as you sail across the world famous Bay of Biscay and through the English channel. Strategy will be key during your eight day voyage across one of the wildest seas in the world on the eastern coast of the Atlantic Ocean. Get ready to learn as you go on this awesome sail training trip!
You will arrive in port in time to deliver the tall ship and join in the festivities as the Tall Ships Race 2020 begins. Enjoy the crew parades and crew parties and celebrate delivering a tall ship from Falmouth to Portugal.
- Navigating the Bay of Biscay
- Making friends from across the world
- Teamwork and camaraderie
- Amazing tall ships festival and fireworks
- Learning to sail and live on board a tall ship
Why you'll love this adventure
- Experience a tall ships race delivery.
- Navigate the Bay of Biscay.
- Learn to sail and live on a tall ship.
- Perfect for solo travellers!
26 June 2020
4 July 2020
This Tall Ships race delivery voyage begins in the vibrant Cornish coastal town of Falmouth. From there you will sail across the world-famous Bay of Biscay and through the English channel. Your adventure ends once you have delivered the tall ship to Portugal ready for the start of the race!
What is included in the voyage cost:
- Accommodation and all meals on board
- Sailing tuition and supervision from fully qualified crew members
- Third party liability Insurance
- Use of waterproofs and safety equipment
What is not included:
- Travel to and from the boat
- Personal travel insurance. Check out Top Sail for specialist Tall Ship sailing travel insurance
- Merchandise available to purchase on board
- Excursions and meals onshore, unless otherwise stated
All the cabins have bunks and a space to store your personal gear. You will be sharing a cabin with up to 5 other people depending on which cabin you are in so it is important to keep your personal space clean and tidy. We provide sheets and pillows for your bunk. You will need to bring a sleeping bag. Please take care when we are at sea to properly stow all items in your cabin. Even the smallest item can cause injury, or become damaged. All cabins have a sink and have a radiator to keep your cabin warm on those colder days and nights.
There are UK plug sockets in all the cabins. We ask that you do not leave items charging or plugged in when you are not in the cabin as this causes a fire risk.
- All meals on board – including daily breakfast, lunch and evening meal
- Refreshments throughout the day
- If you have any special dietary requirements it is we need to know this prior to the voyage in order that we can try to accommodate your requirements in the planned menus.
Who is this trip for?
- Solo travellers
- People looking for an adventure
- Ok for people without any sailing experience!
I’ve never been sailing before and I’m worried about not knowing what to do.
The majority of people who sail with us have never sailed before. Don’t worry! The crew will explain things and guide you through everything you need to know to be able to sail the boat. You will get the opportunity to learn lots of new skills and have fun at the same time.
Where will we go?
This totally depends on wind and weather, and the itinerary for the voyage. It’s no good planning to go somewhere if the wind is in exactly the wrong direction – or if the forecast says the wind would be wrong for coming back!
What if I get ill?
At least one of the staff will be trained in dealing with illness or injury at sea; and we’ll get you to a doctor ashore as quickly as possible if necessary. You do need to tell us in advance about any condition you already have. We’ve had people on the boat with anything from mild asthma to serious medical conditions. Bring any medication, inhalers (and spares) you need – and tell the staff what you are taking. We need to know of any serious medical conditions before you book to ensure we can provide you with the best experience possible.
Aiming to offer accessible, exciting tall ship experiences for everyone regardless of age, budget or experience, this sailing company owns and operates two tall ships with voyages around the globe; from Arctic adventures to Caribbean cruises.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.