Leave behind the vibrant, modern pizazz of Phuket and set sail on the beautifully calm waters of the Andaman Sea
This Thailand sailing adventure is seven fabulous days filled with shimmering turquoise water, sublime seascapes, craggy limestone peaks, and sandy beaches.
When you sail the beautiful Andaman Sea you’ll have the chance to discover Thailand with wind in your hair and in full sail – with time to snorkel, swim, explore, or just relax on deck. This is R&R sailing at its best.
- Spelunk in the caves of the mysterious Ko Hong
- Take in the blue seas from the hilltops of Ko Racha
- Have a great time immersing in the lively nightlife of Railay
- Fall asleep with the ocean waves rocking you to sleep
- Melt into blissful relaxation on the idyllic beaches of Phi Phi Done
- See amazing sea creatures in their own natural tropical habitats
- Learn sailing lingo like sheet, jib, booty, spinnaker, and more
The voyage begins in Phuket where you’ll meet the skipper, the crew, and the other members of the group. The first night you’ll drop anchor near Ko Rang Yai Island in front of a private beach.
This will be the first of seven amazing sunsets. Each day you’ll explore remote islands with amazing swimming spots, gorgeous places for kayaking, rock climbing along sheer-sided limestone mountains, and beach front campfires and BBQ. In addition to exploring the ocean depths, you’ll also have the chance to trek to the island heights and see stunning panoramic views of the island chains.
You’ll be sailing on a Catamaran yacht. In no time at all your vessel will inspire a real sense of adventure and exhilaration for this sailing experience. During the voyage, and if you’re comfortable, you may be asked to help out on deck.
No experience is needed here, but learning a bit of “sailing language” will increase the fun factor for sure. You’ll be trained on what to do and will be able to try out any number of crew member positions.
You’ll return back refreshed and a novice seaman, ready for your next ocean expedition. Enquire today to secure your place!
Why We Love This Adventure
- A perfect mix of exploration and relaxation
- Feast on delicious food with no effort at all, with the on-board chef whipping up Thai favourites
- No sailing experience needed
This adventure starts and ends in Phuket, Thailand. Just imagine seven fabulous days enjoying sublime seascapes of shimmering turquoise water, white sandy beaches and craggy limestone peaks. That’s just what you get on this sailing jaunt in the beautiful Andaman Sea – a chance to experience the region with the wind in your hair, while still having plenty of time to swim, snorkel, explore or simply chill out on deck. What a great way to travel!
Here's a snap shot of how your adventure will start.
Please make an enquiry and we'll send you the full itinerary for each day including meals, activities, travel and accommodation.
Sa-wat dee! Welcome to Phuket, arguably Thailand’s best known island, and certainly its largest. Phuket is an island of modern pizazz mixed with sunshine exotica. At 1pm today you’ll meet your skipper and other group members at the Bullship Bar, Chalong Bay, ready to board. As the space on board the Cataleya is limited, it's recommended to bring a small soft-sided bag or a backpack. If you are travelling with a larger bag or suitcase, you can leave your luggage at our base in Chalong and take a small overnight or daypack on board. After an orientation of the yacht and collection of your important insurance and next of kin information, begin your journey across the Andaman Sea with a sail towards Ko Rang Yai Island, where the boat will drop anchor in front of a private beach. This is the perfect place to ease in to life on board with a dip in the water, dinner on board and a beautiful sunset.
Notes: The beauty of sailing is that each day is unique and, while we have a destination to reach, if the weather changes or something takes the group’s fancy, we are flexible on the day's itinerary. The itinerary is subject to change and may vary depending on weather and berth availability. Your skipper will make the final call to ensure your safety at all times.
Make an enquiry to request the full itinerary
We'll email it to you right away.
PriceFrom GBP £1072.00
For the full list of included activities please make an enquiry and we’ll send full details over to you.
What's Not included
Please request full details
Trip Duration7 days
Start LocationPhuket, Thailand
End LocationPhuket, Thailand
Average Group SizeBetween 1 and 14
Overnight boat (6 nights)
This Trip is Suitable For
This trip has a physical rating by the operator of 2 out of 5. Get in touch to find out more about what this means and what to expect.
Is this trip right for you?
- As the majority of this trip takes place on a sailing boat, you’ll need to feel comfortable with moving about the vessel, including the use of stairs. With that said, sea legs come naturally to some but not so much for others. Your friendly crew will be able to help with the effects of sea sickness if needed.
- A zodiac is used to transport passengers from the boat to the mainland, with landings taking place at piers (dry landings) as well as on beaches (wet landings). Zodiacs can sometimes be awkward to climb in and out of, but a sense of humour and can-do attitude is all you need.
- This is an adventure on board a real yacht, which means living spaces, cabins, bathrooms and showers need to be shared with other passengers. Sleeping quarters can be quite compact, but you will be spending the majority of your time above board in the open air.
- Time on the water also means time in the sun. Remember to pack sun protection, such as sun screen and a hat, and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. See ‘Essential Trip Information’ below for a full packing list.
- Please note that smooth sailing is dependent on the weather, so itinerary changes may occur at the last minute if the weather becomes unfavourable. If any changes are made, you can trust in your knowledgeable skipper to choose an alternative route or activity.
- Due to the size of the yachts, sound carries easily from one side to the other and can wake your fellow travellers. Please keep this in mind if you’re planning to have a late night.
For the full trip notes please make an enquiry and we’ll send them right away to help you decide if this is the perfect trip for you.
Dates & Availability
- 18 Mar 2018 – 24 Mar 2018
- 01 Apr 2018 – 07 Apr 2018
- 08 Apr 2018 – 14 Apr 2018
- 04 Nov 2018 – 10 Nov 2018
- 11 Nov 2018 – 17 Nov 2018
- 18 Nov 2018 – 24 Nov 2018
- 25 Nov 2018 – 01 Dec 2018
- 09 Dec 2018 – 15 Dec 2018
- 16 Dec 2018 – 22 Dec 2018
- 23 Dec 2018 – 29 Dec 2018
- 30 Dec 2018 – 05 Jan 2019
- 06 Jan 2019 – 12 Jan 2019
- 13 Jan 2019 – 19 Jan 2019
- 20 Jan 2019 – 26 Jan 2019
- 27 Jan 2019 – 02 Feb 2019
- 03 Feb 2019 – 09 Feb 2019
- 10 Feb 2019 – 16 Feb 2019
- 17 Feb 2019 – 23 Feb 2019
- 24 Feb 2019 – 02 Mar 2019
- 03 Mar 2019 – 09 Mar 2019
- 10 Mar 2019 – 16 Mar 2019
- 17 Mar 2019 – 23 Mar 2019
- 24 Mar 2019 – 30 Mar 2019
- 31 Mar 2019 – 06 Apr 2019
- 07 Mar 2019 – 13 Mar 2019
- 14 Apr 2019 – 20 Apr 2019
We love this operator for the freedom and flexibility they give travellers to get off the tourist trails and really experience local cultures. Their style of small group travel is perfect for solo travellers, couples or small groups of friends and their grassroots style of travel seeks to have a positive impact on the communities they visit.
They use local leaders, local accommodation & transport and support local community projects, ensuring sustainability is at the centre of everything they do.
In addition, they expect their staff and travellers to demonstrate the principles of responsible travel – respecting people, cultures and local environments; in the distribution of wealth; in good will and cross-cultural sharing; and in contributing to sustainable development.
Make a Booking
Get full details to book this trip.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this trip.
Add this trip to your bucket list.