Prepare to be led far off the beaten track, the spectacular valleys and mountains of Vietnam were simply made for exploration.
Strap on your boots and get ready for this immersive journey that gets away from the bright lights of Hanoi and under the skin of Vietnam’s bucolic countryside.
In between trekking and cycling past lush landscapes, stop in at local villages and learn about traditional life with memorable homestay experiences. It’s not all mountains and trails either, with an opportunity to kayak across the majestic waters of Lan Ha Bay and spend a night in a waterside accommodation of Nam Cat Island.
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip has a number of activities to get your pulse going. Whilst prior training for each activity is not necessary, a moderate level of fitness will help you to get the most out of the included activities.
- The hike in the hills of Sapa is approximately 10 kilometres (6.2miles) in total, on sometimes steep and uneven terrain.
- You will spend 2 days on your bike, riding to Mai Chau and Ninh Binh, with approximately 60-70 kilometres of cycling each day. The cycling in these areas is relatively flat and you will have time to get used to your bike in Hanoi before departing.
- There are 2 nights of homestay on this trip in Sapa and Mai Chau. Accommodation will be multishare rooms, with simple bedding and shared bathroom facilities. While accommodation is simple, the warm welcome and home-cooked meals will be comforting after a day of exercise.
- Kayak out from our accommodation on a secluded island near Cat Ba to explore this world renowned scenery. While this bay is generally sheltered, this is sea kayaking.
Why you'll love this adventure
- Gain a greater insight into life in northern Vietnam with an itinerary that explores not just Hanoi but also heads out into the pastoral countryside
- Cycle out to Mai Chau, and visit the stunning karst landscape of Ninh Binh
- Hike through the picturesque valleys surrounding Sapa and visit local villages
- Get away from the crowds as you kayak around the stunning karst scenery and explore the secluded lagoons and caves of Lan Ha Bay.
5 January 2020
15 January 2020
9 February 2020
19 February 2020
23 February 2020
4 March 2020
1 March 2020
11 March 2020
15 March 2020
25 March 2020
22 March 2020
1 April 2020
29 March 2020
8 April 2020
5 April 2020
15 April 2020
12 April 2020
22 April 2020
3 May 2020
13 May 2020
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
Xin chao. Welcome to Vietnam!
- Sapa – Cat Cat village walk
- Sapa – Lao Chai trek and homestay
Hanoi – City bike ride
- Hanoi – Temple of Literature
- Hanoi – Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
- Hanoi – City bike ride
For the full list of included activities please make an enquiry and we’ll send full details over to you.
Please request full details
Homestay (2 nights), Hotel (6 nights), Resort lodge (1 night)
Who is this trip for?
This trip has a physical rating by the operator of 4 out of 5. Get in touch to find out more about what this means and what to expect.
For the full trip notes please make an enquiry and we’ll send them right away to help you decide if this is the perfect trip for you.
Do I need to train for the activities?
This trip has a number of activities to get your pulse going. Whilst prior training for each activity is not necessary, a moderate level of fitness will help you to get the most out of the included activities.
What is accommodation like for the homestay in Vietnam?
There are 2 nights of homestay on this trip in Sapa and Mai Chau. Accommodation will be multishare rooms, with simple bedding and shared bathroom facilities. While accommodation is simple, the warm welcome and home-cooked meals will be comforting after a day of exercise.
What type of kayaking is it for this Vietnam trip?
Kayak out from our accommodation on a secluded island near Cat Ba to explore this world renowned scenery. While this bay is generally sheltered, this is sea kayaking.
We love this operator for the freedom and flexibility they give travellers to get off the tourist trails and really experience local cultures. Their style of small group travel is perfect for solo travellers, couples or small groups of friends and their grassroots style of travel seeks to have a positive impact on the communities they visit.
They use local leaders, local accommodation & transport and support local community projects, ensuring sustainability is at the centre of everything they do.
In addition, they expect their staff and travellers to demonstrate the principles of responsible travel – respecting people, cultures and local environments; in the distribution of wealth; in good will and cross-cultural sharing; and in contributing to sustainable development.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.