Circumnavigation of the Americas
Original post: Another World Adventures
In 2022 an ex-herring drifter built in 1915 and lovingly restored with a full refit in 2021, set sail to circumnavigate the Americas! The route continues into 2023 and is incredible. They’ve got berths available for guest crew to join them.
The boat is owned and run by a family of professional sailors. Their family company was established in 1983 working on flat bottomed vessels in the Netherlands. It was in 2006, that they bought the beautiful boat and started sailing her as a family. Their dreams are big and so far they’ve achieved extraordinary voyages including
- Sailing across the Atlantic for the first time in 2009.
- Circumnavigating the world between 2012 and 2014.
- Setting sail North in 2016
- Completing our attempt through the North West Passage in 2019
- And sailing around the Americas in 2019 and 2020
Whether you dream of remote tropical islands or wild Arctic skies this epic journey has a voyage for everyone.
2022 (these have since passed but it’s amazing to see where they sailed!)
- JUL 01 In Search of Vikings Netherlands to Iceland
- JUL 25 – Wild wild west Iceland
- AUG 04 East Greenland
- AUG 27 In Viking Footsteps
- SEPT 21 Sail towards the sun Scotland to Tenerife
- OCT 12 Sail for the Falkland Islands (transatlantic)
- DEC 09 South Georgia & Antarctica
- JAN 10 Falkland Islands to Antarctica 29 days €12.180
- FEB 9 Crossing the Southern Ocean 52 days €14.560
- APR 12 Cape Town to the Azores 47 days €7.050
- MAY 30 Sailing North – Azores to Scotland 19 days €4.370
- JUN 19 In Search of Vikings 22 days €5.170
- JUL 11 South Coast of Greenland 15 days €3.450
- JUL 26 West Greenland Cruise 11 days €2.750
- AUG 06 A taste of the North West Passage 27 days €8.100
Hi I’m Larissa, Founder of Another World Adventures. Welcome! If you’re planning an adventure you’re in the right place. Get ready to discover epic travel inspo and a collection of hand-picked trips from my trusted network of experienced adventure experts. Think unusual destinations, expeditions, slow, solo and sustainable travel and epic journeys on land and at sea! Ever got a question? Just get in touch, I answer every enquiry myself. Enjoy!