Protecting Nature Adventurously
Original post: Another World Adventures
At Another World Adventures we’re really passionate about rewilding.
It’s a progressive and effective approach to conservation – essentially letting nature take care of itself, enabling natural processes to shape land and sea, repair damaged ecosystems and restore degraded landscapes.
Through rewilding, wildlife’s natural rhythms create wilder, more biodiverse habitats.
This summer I made a commitment to support Rewilding Europe by putting 20 square metres of land under nature protection for each booking made via Another World Adventures.
The land is managed by the folk at Rewilding Europe who are on a mission to make Europe a wilder place. The donation will go through the Earth Today protection scheme which is an exciting new initiative to protect nature metre by metre.
There are two ways you can help me help nature – by booking an adventure you find on the site or by signing up to my newsletter and referring friends to do the same (details in the footer of the first email). For every three friends you refer I’ll put 1m2 under protection.
I like the idea of protecting natural spaces with a ‘rewilding’ approach as well as tree-planting projects. On top of this is our annual contribution to 1% for the Planet.
Have an adventurous day!
Great reading about rewilding
- Foreman, Dave (2004). Rewilding North America: A Vision for Conservation in the 21st Century, Island Press.
- Fraser, Caroline (2010). Rewilding the World: Dispatches from the Conservation Revolution, Picador.
- Pereira, Henrique M., & Navarro, Laetitia (2015). Rewilding European Landscapes, Springer.
- MacKinnon, James Bernard (2013). The Once and Future World: Nature As It Was, As It Is, As It Could Be, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Monbiot, George (2013). Feral: Rewilding the Land, the Sea, and Human Life,
- Julien Louys (2014). “Rewilding the tropics, and other conservation translocations strategies in the tropical Asia‐Pacific region“
- Meredith Root-Bernstein (2017) “Rewilding South America: Ten key questions“
- Tree, Isabella (2018), Wilding: The Return of Nature to a British Farm, Picador,
- Wilson, Edward Osborne (2017). Half-Earth: Our Planet’s Fight for Life, Liveright (W.W. Norton).
- Wright, Susan (2018). SCOTLAND: A Rewilding Journey, Wild Media Foundation.
- Rewilding the World: Dispatches from the Conservation Revolution
- “Rewilding the World: A Bright Spot for Biodiversity”
- African lion populations declining steadily – Will reintroduction be the only way to save some populations? | Wildlife Extra
- “For more wonder, rewild the world,” George Monbiot’s July 2013 TED talk
- Bengal Tiger relocated to Sariska from Ranthambore | Times of India
Hi I’m Larissa, a Co-Founder of Another World Adventures. Welcome to my blog Adventure365 where I curate a weekly pick of the best adventure travel writing and storytelling from around the web and share original stories from our team and adventure community. Think unusual destinations, expeditions, slow, solo and sustainable travel and epic journeys! Enjoy!More about me