Cycle stretches of the Costa Rican Pacific coastline.
Costa Rica by bike is an incredible sight. This 15 day adventure takes you through rainforests, past volcanoes, and truly gorgeous sections of coast line.
You and your group will start in San Jose and cycle south with vast views of the Pacific Ocean on your right and lush rainforest to the right.
The exhilarating cross of the Cerro de la Muerte pass (3400 metres) is sure to be a trip highlight for everyone. This will take you into the Orosi Valley past coffee plantations and a few volcanoes onto the Caribbean plains and banana plantations. From here, there is an opportunity to get out of the saddle and discover Costa Rica’s wildlife and waterways of Tortuguero. The trip ends at La Fortuna and the Arenal Volcano.
- Stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and beaches
- Hike through Manuel Antonio National Park
- Explore the wildlife found in Tortuguero National Park
- Cross the Cerro de la Muerte pass
The route is roughly 80 % tarmac with full vehicle support throughout the trip. The operator classifies this trip as moderate which means a moderate level of fitness will help you get the most fun out of the adventure. The average daily distance is 43 kilometres.
Enquire today to learn more.
Why We Love This Adventure
- Cycle along the stunning coastal highway with incredible Pacific views and beaches
- Ride through ever-changing tropical scenery, alongside coffee farms, volcanoes, banana plantations and rainforest
- Hike in Manuel Antonio National Park
Please make an enquiry and we'll send you the full itinerary for each day including meals, activities, travel and accommodation.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- All accommodation (see accommodation section)
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour/Cycling leader and support team throughout
- Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
- Local bike hire
Trip Duration14 days
Start LocationSan Jose (near to)
End LocationSan Jose (near to)
Average Group Sizemin 4, max 16
All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners are included.In the itinerary we state which meals are included on which day (13 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners). Hotel breakfasts are normally buffet style. Vegetarians are well catered for but please inform us before departure of any special dietary requests. Expect to see a lot of the Costa Rican speciality ‘gallo pinto’ and a lot of rice, beans, fruit and grilled meats.
This adventure can also be booked with UK return flights by the operator – to get prices, dates and availability for the flight option please complete an enquiry form today and mention your flight interest in the message section. Thanks!
Dates & Availability
- 17 Nov 2018 – 30 Nov 2018
- 15 Dec 2018 – 28 Dec 2018
- 22 Dec 2018 – 04 Jan 2019
Make a Booking
Get full details to book this trip.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this trip.
Add this trip to your bucket list.