Cycle from the Western Ghats to the idyllic coastline of Kerala
Your next cycling adventure await you in Kerala and tropical India. Spend 14 days riding through fascinating villages, beautiful landscapes, and stunning beaches as you get to know the subcontinent.
This journey takes you from the cool heights of the Western Ghat to the oh-so quiet backwaters of Kerala. Visit sanctuaries filled with wildlife, elaborately decorated temples, and get a close up look of village life.
- See the backwaters of Kerala by houseboat
- Explore Hindu temples
- Cycle through the countryside of India
For ten days you’ll cycle an average of 54 kilometres per day. The trip is vehicle supported and will primarily be on surfaced roads. There are a few rough sections but this is a great trip for beginners with plenty of flat rides, tons of downhills, and one challenging climb. The other bonus is that much of your time is spent on the quiet village backroads – though you will have to drive through traffic as you approach larger towns.
Begin in Mysore and cycle to places like Srirangapatnam, Bandipur, Guruvayoor, Cherai, Fort Cochin, Alleppey, and finally Varkala. In between rides you’ll have the chance to explore each town, and visit the bazaars, tea plantations, and hill stations that India is famous for.
Enquire today to learn more.
Why We Love This Adventure
- Cycle through striking countryside with tea plantations
- Cruise the Keralan backwaters on a traditional houseboat
- Discover Hindu temples and Christian churches
Please make an enquiry and we'll send you the full itinerary for each day including meals, activities, travel and accommodation.
- All breakfasts, 11 lunches and 5 dinners included
- All accommodation
- Transfer for group flights
- Local bike hire
Trip Duration14 days
Start LocationMysore, India
End LocationVarkala, India
Average Group Sizemin 4, max 14
All breakfasts, 11 lunches and 5 dinners are included.
This adventure can also be booked with UK return flights by the operator – to get prices, dates and availability for the flight option please complete an enquiry form today and mention your flight interest in the message section. Thanks!
Dates & Availability
- 24 Mar 2019 – 06 Apr 2019
- 11 Aug 2019 – 24 Aug 2019
- 13 Oct 2019 – 26 Oct 2019
- 20 Oct 2019 – 02 Nov 2019
- 03 Nov 2019 – 16 Nov 2019
- 10 Nov 2019 – 23 Nov 2019
- 17 Nov 2019 – 30 Nov 2019
- 22 Dec 2019 – 04 Jan 2020
- 05 Jan 2020 – 18 Jan 2020
- 12 Jan 2020 – 25 Jan 2020
- 09 Feb 2020 – 22 Feb 2020
- 23 Feb 2020 – 07 Mar 2020
- 08 Mar 2020 – 21 Mar 2020
- 22 Mar 2020 – 04 Apr 2020
- 05 Apr 2020 – 18 Apr 2020
- 09 Aug 2020 – 22 Aug 2020
- 11 Oct 2020 – 24 Oct 2020
- 18 Oct 2020 – 31 Oct 2020
- 25 Oct 2020 – 07 Nov 2020
- 08 Nov 2020 – 21 Nov 2020
If you’re looking for a company with experience you can’t beat these guys. This operator started life in February 1974 when two friends got together to provide an overland truck to travel to the Minaret of Jam, deep in the heart of the Hindu Kush, the most inaccessible of the world’s great monuments.
For the company, and people who work for them “it’s all about adventure” which is what they were founded on and what they are still about today. Their trips take place all around the world where they help travelers to delve into local traditions, cultures, cuisine, lifestyles – anything that contributes to a country’ unique identity.
We love that their groups and guides travel courteously and respectfully, in smaller groups to minimise the impact, to ensure that every holiday is a beneficial experience for everyone involved.
Make a Booking
Get full details to book this trip.
Ask a Question
Ask a question about this trip.
Add this trip to your bucket list.