5 countries, 3 weeks, 1 epic trip through Central Asia's Silk Road
This adventure is a big one. Some would say epic. Spend 23 days travelling the Silk Road through five countries in the heart of Central Asia.
Your backdrop for these three weeks will be vast deserts, fertile valleys, rolling steppe, and majestic mountains. The five Stans offer changing and varied landscapes from ancient towns, traditional villages, and modern cities. The history here is rich and you won’t leave unaffected.
- Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan
- See the Door to Hell – a giant burning gas pit in Turkmenistan
- Visit old Soviet monuments
- Learn the history of traders, preachers, invaders, philosophers, astronomers and more
- See UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Merv and Shakhrisabz
This journey covers a lot of ground in a short amount of time. Most of the drives are 4-5 hours through areas where the infrastructure is not always well developed. Be prepared for basic amenities. Though this is not a highly active trip, the pace and climate can be tiring. Your guides will help you navigate the culture and leave you with a deep respect for the way of life in this area.
Get ready for grand monuments, alpine lakes bordered by yurt villages, intricately tiled mosques, rural villages, colourful markets, and more.
Enquire today to save your spot on this grand adventure.