5 Exciting UK Adventures in 2023
Original post: Another World Adventures
From wilderness camps to SUP and sail weekenders there are some wonderful bucket list adventures to discover in the UK … or on a wild journey to or from its shores.
Here’s 5 of our favourites for you!
- SUP and sail Scotland on this brilliant 4 day adventure – no sailing experience is needed and they provide all the gear although you’ll need to be confident on your paddle board. It’s run by a brilliant training academy so you’ll be in great hands!
- Adventure Academy Wales – You’ve got two chances to experience the two-night Adventure Academy weekends in Wales this summer. The aim is to give you a taste of life on expedition from the kit and the food to the wild camping style and the physical challenge. These weekends are run by professional trip leaders, full of tales of adventure from their recent expedition exploits in countries from Sierra Leone to Burma, and from Sinai to Madagascar. The physical aims of the weekend are to trek to reach the summit of Pen y Fan, the highest peak in the Brecon Beacons National Park, and to packraft the picturesque waterways en route – plus one or two extra surprises.
- Walk Hadrian’s Wall These days the wall, along with a number of ruins dotted along the way, provides the trail for a seven-day exploration of pre-British history on two feet. Walking from the western outpost of Carlisle to the eastern reaches at East Wallhouses near Newcastle upon Tyne, spend a week following one of the richest examples of Roman history in the United Kingdom.
- Set sail between Ullapool and Tenerife on a 19 day mile maker south towards the sunshine! Setting sail from Ullapool, Scotland to Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain in autumn time is always a challenge. The weather is changeable, with low pressure areas rolling in and every day getting colder. But as you make your way South you will forget your long johns and be in shorts as you moor in Tenerife.
- Experience some of the North Atlantic’s most beautiful and enchanting islands on a voyage to sail between Scotland and the Faroe Islands. Adventure sailing along the West Coast of Scotland to the Faroe Islands will be packed with wind-swept beaches, towering cliffs and remote island communities which are the hallmarks of this stunning route. There’s time to pull on your hiking boots and explore ashore, as well as a fantastic 48h offshore passage to the Faroes, so this is a great trip for those wanting to develop offshore sailing skills and also have a true adventure holiday.
…. and one for luck …
Sail Iceland to Scotland via the Faroes for awe inspiring ocean sailing and coastal exploration. This is an extraordinary route for any sailor that will take you from the snow-capped fjords of Iceland, the wild volcanic islands of the Faroes to the beautiful west coast of Scotland. The route has been planned with a mix of short (2-3 day) offshore passages and coastal cruising, making it perfect for almost all sailors. During your sailing adventure you’ll be on board as guest crew with up to eight other sailors alongside two professionals on a 60ft blue water expedition yacht.
Get inspired with more UK adventures here.
Picture credit: @kbrembo
Hi I’m Larissa, Founder of Another World Adventures. Welcome! If you’re planning an adventure you’re in the right place. Get ready to discover epic travel inspo and a collection of hand-picked trips from my trusted network of experienced adventure experts. Think unusual destinations, expeditions, slow, solo and sustainable travel and epic journeys on land and at sea! Ever got a question? Just get in touch, I answer every enquiry myself. Enjoy!