Take a yellow school bus, remodel it into an overland vehicle and bring together a small group of adventure travellers to explore the wilderness on this awesome Alaska Denali expedition.
Alaska, often called ‘The Last Frontier’ has been the crown jewel for adventure travellers in North America.
There are many misconceptions of unbearable and impassable weather conditions but this couldn’t be further from the truth. During the summers in Alaska, you’ve got 18-20 hours of sunlight and average daytime temperatures between 58-77 F (14-25 C) – perfect for a summer road trip!
This adventure is focused on some of the more remote places in Alaska, such as the MacLaren River and Glacier along with Wrangell / St. Elias National Park traveling on dirt roads. The trips also offers optional activities including sea kayaking, ice climbing, glacier walks, rafting and scenic flights. View glaciers and icebergs near or from afar and trail blaze through the wilds and maybe even come face-to-face with a grizzly.
- Wilderness camping
- Boat and canoe trips on the Maclaren River
- Hikes in Denali National Park, St. Elias National Park and Valdez
- Optional activities including sea kayaking, ice climbing, glacier hikes or whitewater rafting
- Chance to see bears, eagles, sea lions and other Alaskan wildlife
- Cook your meals over an open camp fire
Make an enquiry for full details!
Why you'll love this adventure
- Chance to camp out in the Alaskan wilderness
- The unique converted school bus offers a really special road trip experience
- Explore some of the more remote parts of Alaska and hike the country's best national parks
Travel Alaska's interior: Start in Anchorage heading north towards Denali National Park. Venture off on dirt roads along Denali Highway, bush camp along Maclaren River and make your way into the largest National Park of North America: Wrangell St Elias. Go ice climbing or hiking and end the trip with the option to kayak around ice bergs in Valdez.
- 12-day tour in overland vehicle
- Accommodations outlined for nights in Hostel/Campsites
- All meals cooked off the truck (11xBreakfast, 10xLunch, 9xDinner)
- Denali National Park wildlife buses to Toklat River and Eielsen Visitor Center (2 days)
- Maclaren Lodge/Wilderness Glacier camp
- Boat and canoe trips Maclaren River
- Hikes in Denali NP, Wrangell/St. Elias NP and Valdez
- Admission to National Parks and Monuments
- Pre-departure meeting to welcome and provide you with a good understanding of the trip ahead
- Services of two trained/commercially certified leaders/drivers
- Fully equipped Overland vehicle
- High quality four person tents (sleeping only two), camp chairs and cooking equipment
- Information regarding places to be visited, history, flora and fauna
- Flight to and from Anchorage
- Airport Transfer
- ESTA-Fee/Visa Fee for USA
- Snacks and Drinks
- Optional activities
Mainly camping with some hostels/rustic lodges
All meals cooked around the campsite are included. We can cater to different dietary requirements.
Who is this trip for?
This trip is suitable for all nature and camping lovers. We have travellers joining us from all over the world between 18-75.
As a small company the owners also lead all of the trips themselves, as they absolutely love everything about overlanding.
Throughout the summers they bring together a small group of adventure travellers to explore the wilderness of Alaska, Canada, and Western America in an old school bus they remodeled and got back on the road.
The owners are a really passionate pair who aren’t interested in ticking boxes and rushing from campsite to campsite. Their amazing overland vehicle gives the group flexibility. If they find a beautiful place during the day and the weather is great they might decide for an extended lunch break and go for a short hike or just relax in the sun. If it is pouring down with rain they know where to find the visitor centre, a great cafe to hang out or the hidden local history museum.
Overlanding-style trips offer the right mixture of meeting lots of like-minded people, but having the freedom to make your own choices and being involved in the adventure: You can get the camp fire started yourself if you like to but you can also rely on your tour leaders organising a bunch of stuff which you don’t want to deal with on your holidays.
Alaska Denali Expedition
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.