Enjoy Alaska's wild coastline on an action packed camping adventure in a converted old school bus: Whales, Glaciers and Sea Kayaking!
This 9-day trip focuses on Alaska’s coastline. Travel along the Turnagain Arm and possibly spot Beluga Whales, come with us on a wildlife cruise in the Kenai Fjord National Park, hike along Exit Glacier with stunning views of the surrounding mountains and relax in our luxury Adventure Camp on a remote beach next to Homer. Add a bearviewing trip to Katmai or Lake Clark to make your adventure complete!
Why you'll love this adventure
- A chance to see all kinds of amazing wildlife including bears and whales
- Beach camps, sea kayaking, old converted school bus and all the trimmings of an epic camping adventure
- Keep it local with fresh seafood dinners and camp story telling between action packed days hiking and exploring
5 June 2021
13 June 2021
26 June 2021
4 July 2021
17 July 2021
25 July 2021
7 August 2021
15 August 2021
On the Kenai trip you will be experiencing Alaskan's marine wildlife, you can go hiking along a glacier and go for beach strolls, kayak around the tempered rainforest and go on an optional bear viewing flight!
- 9-day tour in overland vehicle
- Accommodations outlined for nights in Hostel/Campsites
- All meals cooked off the truck (8xBreakfast, 7xLunch, 6xDinner)
- Hiking Exit Glacier in Seward
- Kenai Fjords National Park wildlife cruise and calving glacier – Resurrection Bay Tour
- Two-night stay at Adventure Luxury Camp – lodging, all meals including salmon dinner
- Half-Day Kayaking Seldovia Bay at Adventure Camp
- Admission to National Parks and Monuments
- Pre-departure meeting to welcome and provide you with a good understanding of the trip ahead
- Services of two trained/commercially certified leaders/drivers
- Fully equipped Overland vehicle
- High quality four person tents (sleeping only two), camp chairs and cooking equipment
- Information regarding places to be visited, history, flora and fauna
Most of the meals are included. Twice we will venture out into town and get some good sea food.
Who is this trip for?
suitable for anyone who loves camping and the outdoors.
As a small company the owners also lead all of the trips themselves, as they absolutely love everything about overlanding.
Throughout the summers they bring together a small group of adventure travellers to explore the wilderness of Alaska, Canada, and Western America in an old school bus they remodeled and got back on the road.
The owners are a really passionate pair who aren’t interested in ticking boxes and rushing from campsite to campsite. Their amazing overland vehicle gives the group flexibility. If they find a beautiful place during the day and the weather is great they might decide for an extended lunch break and go for a short hike or just relax in the sun. If it is pouring down with rain they know where to find the visitor centre, a great cafe to hang out or the hidden local history museum.
Overlanding-style trips offer the right mixture of meeting lots of like-minded people, but having the freedom to make your own choices and being involved in the adventure: You can get the camp fire started yourself if you like to but you can also rely on your tour leaders organising a bunch of stuff which you don’t want to deal with on your holidays.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.