This 8 day El Salvador surf and adventure trip is perfect for beginners or intermediate surfers, with long sandy beaches, ideally sized waves and bilingual surf instructors.
Combine surfing lessons with adventures to Maya sites and coffee plantations, volcano hikes and kayaking through mangroves as you explore two of El Salvador’s best surf spots. El Salvador boasts lush mountain ranges, stunning volcanoes and a narrow coastal belt featuring some of the most beautiful beaches and right hand point breaks in the world.
Start your El Salvador surf and adventure trip with 4 days on the west coast at the bohemian El Tunco where you will learn to surf with expert bilingual instructors at Sunzal. Morning lessons are combined with afternoon adventures, exploring historic Maya sites, visiting coffee plantations and hiking up the volcano of Santa Ana.
Then head off to the more remote lush tropical east coast where you’ll stay near El Cuco and surf at Las Flores, a perfect sandy beach location. Come the afternoons, take a kayaking trip to explore the mangrove forests or just chill out by the pool or enjoy a massage at the hotel.
- surf lessons and exploratory adventures on both the east and west coasts of El Salvador
- some of the most beautiful beaches and right hand point breaks in the world
- experience the green lagoon of Apaneca by bike, foot or zipline
- explore mangrove forests by kayak
- after a morning’s surf take a relaxing massage or spend time in the pool
Why you'll love this adventure
- Perfect for beginners or those looking to improve their surf skills
- Combine mornings surfing the waves with adventurous afternoons exploring El Salvador's natural parks and cultural highlights
- Bilingual surf instructors
15 April 2018
30 November 2018
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
8 days of surf lessons and exploratory adventures at 2 different locations in El Salvador. Start with 4 days on the west coast where you will learn to surf at Sunzal and stay at the bohemian surf town El Tunco. Morning lessons are combined with afternoon adventures to Maya sites, coffee plantations and hikes up the volcano of Santa Ana. Then head off to the more remote lush tropical Las Flores, a perfect sandy beach location where you'll combine surf lessons with kayaking trips in the mangroves, or just chill out by the pool.
- Meals mentioned in itinerary
- English speaking surf instructor and guide all days
- Transfers and tours as mentioned in itinerary
- Sales Taxes & service charge for restaurant meals included on the trip.
- Salvadoran 13% Value-added Tax (VAT) and 5% tourism tax on all hotel services
- Extras at hotels (telephone calls, room service, porterage, laundry, alcoholic drinks, etc.)
- Any additional/extra tours or park fees.
- Tips & Gratuities for Guide, Driver, local guides and service providers.
- Personal and/or medical expenses.
- Any incidentals out of pocket or medical expenses. Please ensure you carry appropriate travel and heath insurance, which covers all the activities in this itinerary, inherited risks, luggage protection and holiday cancellation.
- Late check-out or early check-in.
- International flights
- Hotel Eco de Mar
- Hotel Miraflores
- Hotel Casa de Mar
- Hotel Los Mangos
Get in touch for full details.
Who is this trip for?
Beginners or those looking to improve their surf skills.
The surf and adventure tours run from April to November. This itinerary is just one example. Get in touch for full details and to build a bespoke trip thats perfect for you.
This company was born from a love of the El Salvador surf.
Their surf school and lodge is much loved and they started offering tours to surfers to show El Salvador’s beauty on days when the surf was flat. The company grew to include tailor-made tours to all destinations in and around El Salvador; including transportation, bilingual guide, tours /entrances, accommodation and services and we love their more personal, highly interactive and flexible trips whether you’re traveling solo or with a group of friends.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.