Hike, surf and kayak on a 10 day adventure through the beautiful country of El Salvador.
Its small size and wealth of exciting activities all within a 3 hour drive means you could be at the top of the volcano in the morning and swimming in the ocean in the afternoon on this authentic El Salvador adventure.
The smallest and most densely populated country of Central America, El Salvador has a volcanic landscape which provides opportunities for a huge number of adventure actives on land and water. Go mountain biking through cloud forests in Apaneca, hiking the volcanoes 0f Santa Ana or Izalco, kayaking through mangroves or surfing the world famous waves.
Historical & cultural sites
As well as adventure El Salvador has fascinating and rich historical offering. Before the Spanish conquest, the country was a part of the great Mayan civilisation and there are many archeological sites to explore like the UNESCO’s World Heritage site Joya de Cerén. Or visit Cinquera, is a small and picturesque rural community located in the Salvadorian Department of Cabañas, that is a leading example of a post-conflict community working in peace together to preserve nature and implement grassroots tourism projects.
This trip itinerary is an example of what you can pack into 10 days in this wonderful country, but you can pick and choose from a handpicked selection of adventure activities to create your perfect trip to El Salvador. Enquire for full details and to get a tailored quote.
- Explore the incredible flora of the Ruta de Las Flores
- Bike through mountains of Apaneca
- Help out at a turtle conservation and release programme
- Take a surf lesson
- Kayak through mangroves
Why you'll love this adventure
- Pick and choose from adventure and cultural activities to create your perfect trip
- El Salvador's small size makes it easy to pack loads into your adventure trip - go from mountain to coast in less than 3 hours drive
- Learn to surf with professional instructors on world-class waves
This trip can be tailor made for your perfect travel dates. Please make a booking enquiry for more information.
10 days through El Salvador, crossing the country from Unesco sites to National Parks. Choose your perfect itinerary from volcanoes to colonial towns, Mayan sites, to conversation experiences and of course ..... SURFING!! All within 3 hours drive in this small but wonderfully diverse Central American country.
- Private transfers as mentioned in Itinerary
- Local Speaking English Guide during the tours
- Sales Taxes & service charge for restaurant meals included on the trip.
- Salvadoran 13% value-added tax (IVA) and 5% tourism tax on all hotel services.
- Extras at hotels (telephone calls, room service, porterage, laundry, alcoholic drinks, etc.)
- Any additional/extra tours or park fees.
- Tips & Gratuities for Guide, Driver, local guides and service providers.
- Personal and/or medical expenses.
- Any incidentals out of pocket or medical expenses. Please ensure you carry appropriate insurance, which covers all the activities in this itinerary, inherited risks, luggage protection and holiday cancellation.
- Late check-out or early check-in.
- International Flights
- Hotel Arbol de Fuego 3*
- Hotel Fleur de lis 3*
- Hotel El Tejado 3*
- Puerto Barillas Lodge 3*
- Hotel Miraflores 3*
- Hotel Sal y Luz 4*
- Hotel Casa Degraciela 4*
- Hotel Los Almendros de San Lorenzo 4*
- Hotel Los Mangos 4*
Breakfast included, 1 lunch included.
This company was born from a love of the El Salvador surf.
Their surf school and lodge is much loved and they started offering tours to surfers to show El Salvador’s beauty on days when the surf was flat. The company grew to include tailor-made tours to all destinations in and around El Salvador; including transportation, bilingual guide, tours /entrances, accommodation and services and we love their more personal, highly interactive and flexible trips whether you’re traveling solo or with a group of friends.
Authentic El Salvador Adventure
Please complete the enquiry form above with as much detail as you can and we will send you all the trip information and connect you with the operator so you can make a booking directly.
If you have queries and questions about the trip include those in your form and we’ll personally reply to you within 24 hours.
Why Book with Another World Adventures?
Book direct with the tour operator. No mark-ups, no fees.
Save time by browsing our handpicked collection of the best adventure travel experiences.
Claim free travel gifts when you use our site to find your next trip.
A most helpful, friendly and knowledgeable travel company!Very helpful and provided lots of research material and excellent personal perspectives on the tall ship sailing trip I was interested in taking.
Excellent thoughtful service.They were prompt and friendly, and so thorough and helpful in connecting me with my adventure.
One of a Kind Service!From the very beginning of reaching out to AWA, they were super helpful, enthusiastic and informative.